Sign in to follow this  
Jules

RH Alloys

I am thinking of buying a set of RH alloys and the ones which are leaping out at me are the ZW1's and the ZW5's.

I was thinking of 17 x 8's and the ones I am looking at are ET35(would these sit kind of flush with the arch?). If anyone has already got either of these wheels on their car, could they please post some pics to help me choose.

I am also thinking tyre size of 205/40/17's which I think is just a slight stretch?

Won't sleep 2nite now for thinking of wheels lol :roll:

ZW1's look amazing on the corrado - no two ways about it! Have a look at Cheesewire's members gallery thread, he had some for a while. I'd like to see your 'C' on ZW1's with black centers, that'd look so good.

I had RH AG cups on my VR and with et32 they sat (i think!) perfectly in the arches. Looking at your signature picture you've got a 4-stud? The standard ET's are different but I think generally you're safe with et35. I ran 205/40/17's on mine and you're right, its a very very slight stretch on an 8" rim, but it helps with arch clearance. Mine scrubbed slightly if I took a corner too fast but nothing major.

Thanks for that, I have been searching the gallery for pics and havent found any yet!

Yeah it is four stud. I have 16's on it just now and they only rub on full lock so heres hoping that the 17's will fit ok.

they should do - bigger alloy but lower profile tyre, so the same overall radius pretty much, its the width and offset combinations that might cause problems. there's bound to be someone with experience of 17x8 et35's on a 4 stud on here though

I was told today that I can only get the ZW1's in 5 stud, which would mean changing some stuff on the car to convert from 4 stud.....as most of you will know, so not too pleased about doing that. And not having seen the ZW5's on a Corrado then I would be taking a chance buying them even although they are not that far off the ZW1's......so now back to the drawing board! :(

I originally liked the Keskin KT1's but have recently heard bad reports on the quality of them....can anyone comment on this, who has had them?

And not having seen the ZW5's on a Corrado then I would be taking a chance buying them even although they are not that far off the ZW1's...

A quick google search turned these images up - DO IT! they look awesome!

corrado1.jpg

corrado2.jpg

No way, how did you manage to find them? I have been googling away all weekend trying to find pics of them lol

I do like them mind you, but think the ZW1's have that slight edge :roll:

google image search for 'RH ZW5' and they were on the first page!

it doesn't seem like there are many other corrados with ZW5's which would be incentive enough for me to get them over the ZW1's, plus it saves you faffing about converting to 5 stud (i take it the ZW5's come in 4 stud fitment?)

yeah I am told the ZW5's come in 4 stud, got a price for the ZW1's just waiting on a price for the ZW5's before I decide, but guessing there wont be much difference either way.

After a lot swithering, and looking at a lot of rims, I decided on the RH ZW1's and they arrived today. yipeeeeee! But.......I have a question I am hoping someone can answer for me before I make a phone call tomorrow.

I ordered the wheels in ET30 and when I opened the box and looked at the wheels, they said ET60, then just before I got too disappointed I found a box with 30mm spacers. Is this how these wheels are sold....only the adaptor system? When I ordered them no one said anything about them coming with adaptors to make it up to ET30.

Unfortunately though 2 of the wheels are marked, so I will have to get them replaced anyway, but would like to know about this ET thing before I call tomorrow.

It's just as well the car isn't ready for the wheels to go on yet or there would have been tantrums :lol:

all 8x17" zw1's are et60 then rh use spacers to move the out to suit diferent applications so there is no issue there. It saves them manufacturing different spec wheels, its easier to alter the adapters. The adapter are seure so you dont need to worry.

the zw1's will look hot on a dark car like yours i was after 4 stud ones when i had my moonlight 16v, but i sold it before i had a chance to source them so now run it on my blackberry vr. The tednt to suit the darker colours more imo

Thanks Zak, that answers my question.

I found it hard to find them in 4 stud but did eventually, I'm just disappointed that 2 of the wheels are marked