Sign in to follow this  
MurphG60

Wheel Size for brakes..

Hey All,

Was wondering what the minimum wheel size would be for my Rado since im running Brembo 4 Pots and 305 mm discs on the front, i saw an Ibiza Cupra running 15'' rims at York Raceway and he had the same kind of setup on the front looked tight. Are the hubs completly different sizes on the two cars hence he can run small rims????

Just im not happy with having 17's on me car want to go 16'' or if poss down to 15'' without ditching me brakes which are great....

Thanks

Murph :)

Got a friend running the LCR 4 pot brembos with 16" compomotive MO's on a golf and the calipers are tight as!! Probably about 2mm clearance at each of the mounting bolts. So 16's are possible

305mm Brembos fit under 15" compomotive 5 spokes...... hence why it's a popular wheel for tracking and dragging.

It's not the spoke / hub clearance, it's the inner diameter of the wheel that allows this.

I've got 305mm disks and Porsche calipers under my 16" MO's, and it;s farily tight, but not "down to the millimeter" tight.

Bought my Compomotives straight from Compomotive (had them made with an extra 5mm offset to space the wheels out a bit more and give me some more clearance)....

mine are speedline comp 2's mate and my brembos fit under them, the only down side is they need balancing on the back as the weights wont clear the calliper lol.