Sign in to follow this  
330-Singh

Help with Rubbing on the rear arches

After a sunday afternoon spent fitting some FK highsports and putting on some 9x16 Brock B1's to my 16v.....i am getting some serious rubbing on the rears.

I wasn't expecting it to be a completely trouble free job, but other than raising the rear....what are my options?

As far as I can see there are 2 options:

1. getting arches rolled - will this be enough?

2. Get the arches pulled (this is new territory for me)

On previous cars I have owned I have had simple arch rolling carried out but arch pulling is something that I am not familiar with - i understand what it is but can anyone suggest where I can get this done and how much I should expect to pay? I am based near Watford, Herts - so somewhere not too far would be ideal.

Any one reccommend a place or advise as to which would be a better option?

Many Thanks in advance

Before:

before1.jpg

After:

After1.jpg

Lovely wheels 8)

I have 9x16's on m VR all round. et30 on the front with rolled arches and et15 on the rear and i have angle grinded the lip away and mine still catch. Yours being a 16v however it has a narrower track than the VR so i would imagine just getting all 4 arches rolled would be enough to stop catching.

herisites - Thanks for that mate, I will give the arch rolling a go

Does anyone know of a reputable place I can get this done near Herts/North London....I am willing to travle to West london too.

by the way, they make a world and a half of difference - the car looks great! goes from being average hatchback to mean-machine! what drop have you got?

Put the sebrings back on before you destroy the handling ;)

Seriously, really big wheels like that will make the handling terrible, not to mention increase wear on all the suspension components no end.

I suppose it depends if you want the car to drive or for a particular look. There are several people on here who have rolled arches on a Corrado before, have a look using the search and see what comes up.

Very tidy looking early valver, looks like you picked up a minter from someone!

Thanks for the comments all.

Yandards - i'm not too worried about the performance aspects of the 16v to be quite honest as this is my 2nd car - daily runner. My other car is more performance focussed.

My E46 BMW 330ci Clubsport Supercharged:

P1010016Small.jpg

with reference to the amount it has been dropped - I didn't pay particular notice to the exact amount - next time the wheels are off I'll take a look. There is plenty more to be wound down but the way it sits is fine with me as long as the arch rolling (rear) gets the rubbing sorted then I'll leave it

Failing that the rear will be raised a slightly