Sign in to follow this  
valverado

Exhaust Rattle

Hello guys

Need some help please. Me exhaust is making a rattling noise but all the Exhaust mounts & Heat Shields are ok.

A mate has told me it sounds like the front engine mount. Could this be the case? Ive looked in German & Swedish Brochure but they dont do mounts for the corrado, Is it the same as Mk2 GTI?

Any help will be appreciated..........Thanks

GSF do a front mount for the corrado, they seem OK, unlike the rear ones they do which are pants, far too hard.

I recommend you go for at least a FEBI one (AVS) and preferably VW for the rear but it's the fronts that suffer the most wear and it's usually those that fail, the engine will rock really badly if you put it in gear and lift the clutch slightly against the brakes.

Of course your rattle could be a loose baffle inside an exhaust silencer?

Do the clutch test as mentioned above. Thats what i did to tell that my front mount was goosed. GSF do the front mount for £37 incl vat. I just looked on the AVS site and they are £38, not sure if this is with vat though. I think i'll go with the AVS jobbie on davidworts recommendation, as not all things said about GSF parts is good.

I had a similar problem on my MK1 Golf. It turned out to be the down pipe/manifold joint blowing.