Sign in to follow this  
dukest

worried about rust near suspension mount

noticed this rust the other day which doesn't look like it's critical yet but still makes me slightly nervous..

I'm not sure how this can have started (i'm assuming its not coming from underneath!) but was really just wondering what the implications might be if it couldn't be ground away and sealed?

if it had gone through would this be a big problem?

thanks in advance, not really experienced in this kind of thing!

I'd whip the suspension off and have a look from the bottom as well. You might be able to clean it up and treat it yourself without too much difficulty.

thanks, "whipping the suspension off" is a bit beyond my level of expertise but will see if i can find someone that doesn't mind helping out..!

It will only be surface rust but that happens when the top mounts are knackered and the top plate starts hitting the paint... you have the later plates tho with the rubber suround - how old are the top mounts?

Supercharged, the Koni TA/H&Rs were only fitted about 2.5 years ago before i bought it - that would explain the new top mounts.

If that was the cause (and it does only seem to be a surface problem) then I'll get it fixed and worry no further!

Thanks a lot for your help on this and the electrics problem too :thumbleft: , getting a new alarm fitted on friday so hope to cure that one then! :wink: