Sign in to follow this  
vwchick

Is there a New Corrado on the way?

The car that's on the production plan is being marketed using a derivative of the Scirocco brand. It could be that in the USA it will be sold as a Corrado, but it's all a long way off at the moment.

The prototype was teased to the press at Wolfsburg last August, and is called the "IROC" (as in ScIROCco).

Here's some info in case your interested : http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/ ... 1825.shtml

Sorry vwchick - this has come up sooooo many times.

Thats not what the successor to the Corrado and the Scirocco will look like however.. this is what has been touted as the successor:

VW_Iroc_1_560PX.jpg

And I can verify that.. I went to the pre-public launch for the car in Berlin and it was just as green and just as cool looking as the one in the picture ;)

Rumor is though that the new boss of VW doesn't like the look of the Iroc and has asked the design studios to take it back in house and restyle it to give it a more "corporate" front end. Shame really as it was one of the more daring designs to come out of Wolfsburg for some years! At this point we don't know if the Iroc is still going to happen, and if it does, whether it will have suffered badly at the hands of the designers :(

OOOOOOOOOH...never seen that before :sleeping: .

:roll: Very sorry to bore you, as a new owner of 6 weeks I just wanted to ask.

Thanks to Jim and Corozin for the info.

That first one looks waaaaaay too much like the new TT, would look like the same car to 'non car people'. And the green one, although i saw the pic a good while back now, has just struck me as looking alot like the latest Alfa coupe.

Really didn't look like a Puma in the metal! Far too fat for that! :)

OOOOOOOOOH...never seen that before :sleeping: .

:roll: Very sorry to bore you, as a new owner of 6 weeks I just wanted to ask.

Thanks to Jim and Corozin for the info.

No problem. At least I noticed you were new on here.

Since you're local, I believe there's a meet in the Bath area on April 28th - maybe an opportunity to meet some of the peeps & learn some more about the car?

BUT.................. I bought my first Corrado in 1995 just before production ended and have owned one ever since. I've seen so many new concepts over the years that were supposed to be replacements for the "old" one that I will not believe anything until I see one in the dealer's showroom. I think the Iroc looks stunning, if it ever makes it through all the cost cutting excercises/corporate makeovers without being too watered down I'll be in line to buy one. I'll not hold my breath though, the S3 is to me as close as VAG have come to a succesor and it'll do me fine until somebody up there has the balls to risk a coupe again.

I for one hope they never bring out a "mk2" Corrado.........as it will be a fashion statement in the same vein as the original TT was