Sign in to follow this  
praise b the LOweReD

Removing the rear wiper motor - any advice?

hi guys im lookin to remove my rear wiper and motor .. had a look and it looks pretty cramped in there any tips on how to remove it without takin everything out.. ?

ordered some tt wipers for the front.. i know they have to be modded .. but eh thats the fun..

any help pics etc much appreciated..

andy

Just remove the 4 bolts that support the motor and rotate it until it comes free, it will take a bit of twiddling to get it out. Remeber to disconnect the water pipe and cable tie it to prevent any water getting in the boot...

patience. lots and lots of patience. you might find a few well chosen words particularly helpful too. oh and strong arms cos they might start aching!! (says someone who didn't do her own hehe)

says someone who didn't do her own hehe)

Thats because idiot boy here (me) did it!!!!!!

and it looks so much better for it! Even got some good comments about it at no-rice last night so I reckon it was well worth all the hard work :lol:

dont ask.. i have the wrong boss so need to pull the spleen off with a three legged puller.. aaaarrggghh but didnt have time tonight fitted my red an clear rears.. and my momo gear shifter.. how hard is it to weld and smooth the rear wiper hole out.. ? or have u guys just grommeted them ?

cant wait to go to paint with it..

aaahh, sorry I asked :lol: I haven't had it smoothed and I won't either cos I like the idea of being able to put mine back to standard if ever I want to be a bit different! I can send you the grommet you need if you like cos you can only buy a bag of 20 so I have 19 lurking around somewhere....

I had a headache earlier so went to the pub too and I feel much better now (my sig is only half true!) :wink:

yeah that would be great if u wouldnt mind.. ill pay postage ?

andy

yeah you can paypal me the 26p or whatever it is and I won't send it til the money's cleared :lol:

The whole pack is cheap enough but I can't remember which size you need and also where you need to go to get them. Think it was B&Q which was better than whatever the other store was but can't remember for sure, so figured it was easier just to send you one.

you'll find on CF that everyone likes to help each other out a bit. I have very little mech knowledge (although I'm learning through friends on here) so I'm sure you'll be able to answer a q of mine sometime in return. It's one of the best things about this forum. Just pm me your details and I'll get it sent over the wkend.

Fay

ive just smoothed mine out completely but i did it with the screen out as it really needs welding....alot of work