Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

Hi to all!

Been on the forum for a while but never got round to introducing myself, mainly because i had a Golf not a Corrado!lol Anyway, my names Shane, been into veedubs for about 12 or 13 years, had a G60 corrado many moons ago (only had 32k on it at the time!!) HAd many mk2 GTI's in the mean time as well as a few other things. Just come back to Corrado ownership again thankfully having bought a forum members car :) its a 1990 LHD G60 Burgundy Pearl (my absolute favourite colour!) The paint is a bit stone chippy etc but overall a sound, tight driving car thats a good basis for my future plans.Interior is VERY clean for the age and everything works aside from the usual tilt/no slide sunroof!lol Doesnt really bother me as my Edition one Golf GTI doesnt have a sunroof at all. When i got it back home i serviced it and my brother gave the (dull) paintwork the 3 stage Meguiars treatment and it came up really well considering! :)

Previous owner had fitted a Piper 260 cam, full Milltek exhaust, decat and new Bilsteins all round. Also gave me a new samco hose kit for the charger and 40mm lowering kit (brand new) amongst other little bits and bobs. Unfortunately no evidence for a charger rebuild so this will be done as soon as poss. Few pics for ya to check out peeps :) ...

01010710.jpg

01010713.jpg

01010715.jpg

nice car my friend... it's funny i still can't decide if i like the early or late bonnet more... some angles really make the early bonnet really make the car look flat and dated, and some make it look like the car shouldn't have anything but and it was what defines VW hoods... center indent... but i guess i didn't have a choice since no one on this side of pond makes an early style carbon fiber... plan on keeping it early?

very clean though... for a 1990 why does it have digital mile read out? i would have swore all 90's were cable driven reguardless of where the car was from? or it may have been another poor VW year change... my 91 had 1990 wheels, 1990 early style supercharger, but had the digital clocks...

Welcome aboard - looks very nice :)

Burgundy pearl is a very good colour, definately. 2 friends own Corrado's in that colour and when its all polished up, and sparkling in the sun, it does look great :)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome folks :) @ vdubCorrado - it has the digital read out alright, as far as i know all Corrados here had them (tho could be wrong there!lol) I love the early shape front end i must say, it does look retro from some angles but also gives the front end a very sleek appearance i think so i wont be changing it to a later front end :)

Those early grills arent very nice though, id update that but otherwise id agree, i do like the early bonnets......

Cheers all! I'm going to stick with the early grill, i genuinely like them :) i remember when Corrados first came out (in fact was the first car ever caught my eye and reason i got into motors in first place!) and i think its teh memory of the early ones that sticks with me. I even have a brand new grill still in its packaging that i picked up ages ago which i'll keep in case anything happens this one lol