Sign in to follow this  
golfg60

TVR chimaera

If you want tips on buying & owning a Chimera you should seek out the TVR forum on Pistonheads.com. That's where they all hang out.

Yeah, ive been on there already. Same user name. Did my homework on there before i took the plunge.

Cheers for all the info there chaps.

I ended up not getting the one i was set on, i ended up sleeping on it and i'm glad i did now. I've seen a few cleaner examples with lower mileage and better history. Just waiting for the right one to come along. Havent really got a preference with colour, engine spec or anything else but it has to feel right you know?!

I'll keep you all posted!

Sorry guys, I haven't been keeping my eyes on the Corrado forums for a while, so I missed this thread.

I owned a Chimaera 500 for 6

Hi Jon,

havnt seen you on PH for a good while either. Must be the dry roads and late evenings !

You still got both TIv & Raddo then ? Did you get your v expensive suspension setup sorted ?

You still got both TIv & Raddo then ? Did you get your v expensive suspension setup sorted ?

Hiya Reekie.

I still have a TVR, but not the Chimaera. I traded it in for a Sagaris in January and then promptly blew up the engine within a month of ownership and it's been with the dealer ever since. :(

So not really a good start.

The suspension on the Corrado is much better since Julian at Balance Motorsport helped me set it up a couple of days ago. Basically we raised the ride height to near max to get the wishbones pointing at the correct angle. It looks almost stock now, but that isn't really a problem for me as I'm an advocate of "OEM+"

Holy grap - bad news on the Saggy engine. Was it the usual speed six head issues ? Is that all out of your pocket or was there some warranty / dealer help ? Must be v frustrating .... :gag:

Glad you got the raddo susp sorted at last. OEM rocks !