Sign in to follow this  
droog

indicator and fog replacements...

My corrado has had the front headlights, indicators and fogs smashed by a vandal. :cry: I have sourced headlight units but I seem to be having trouble getting replacements via the usual channels (ebay etc) for the fog and indicator units. My corrado is the later model ('95). Am i faced with using a dealer? or is there aftermarket stuff i haven't found? please help as it is hampering my MOT. :mad:

To get it though an MOT i'm sure that there a few people on here that'll have broken ones (cracked) that they could sell you.......

as its the whole unit you'll need the best bet will probably be the dealer....ebay ones usually sell for near the dealer/show price and after market will be the same if not more...

I replaced my fogs last weekend and have 2 old, and as nocrap says, broken ones.

New VAG £75+ vat each.

Old broken ones????

I also have one indicator, can't remember which side it is.

Where are you?

You are a quick and helpful lot :) I am in bolsover Derbyshire. I don't mind paying you understand, I'll even drag me old Mk1 Golf over a few counties for bits. Truth be told this corrado i've got is quite a can of worms. I have an electric sunroof but have no switch... (seems i have the wrong interior light panel). The car had a leather interior (stolen!). Etc.Etc. The feedback is helpful and i think i will bite the bullet and buy new ones (nothing is too good for me 'Purple People Eater' :). Cheers guys (and girls... I have learnt....)

Col.

GPC do the fogs you are looking for £55 each +vat.I have seen them go for near enough that on E-Bay :?

Thank you peeps, i am sorted. I am looking forward to driving the 'c' now. I can take me old mk1 golf off the road for a nice garage spell instead of using it for a daily driver. should be nice i imagine :?

indicators work out approx £40 + vat from vw when i checked a few weeks ago, can get them for £35 inc from ecp for genuine ones

indicators work out approx £40 + vat from vw when i checked a few weeks ago, can get them for £35 inc from ecp for genuine ones

Should only be about £25...

GPC sell them for £19 (No vat if you buy at Inters next month)

ive just bought two brand new ones recently so im confident on the price as i did my research, gpc's price is £24 + vat plus delivery so made more sense to get from my local ecp.

droog - i only replaced mine two freshen the front end up, if you want you can buy my old ones of me?

Should only be about £25...

GPC sell them for £19 (No vat if you buy at Inters next month)

OMG I have the same car list as you :)

Although i am swapping the mk1 for the C i am getting another Mk1 in with the deal. This Mk1 will be going hillclimbing though :D

Thanks for the offers and advice and stuff. i have ended up buying new replacement indicators and have found an american guy to get fog lenses from.

The door handle cost £75 from the local 'stealers' (ouch, yes i know), but yet i saw a second hand one go for £75 on fleabay..... :shock:

I have fixed the electric windows (for now using 16v stuff). It seems my C has had the leather stolen, including the door cards and has had an earlier interior fitted. Fantastic. I have found wiring chopped to match the early door cards from later wiring loom. I is so happy. :(

I will revive her... I will....