Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Quick advice on DIY spray painting...

I reckon you'd be best of painting the back first, then the front. It won't matter if the paint runs on the back, it's hidden after all.

Good point. Pretty obvious when you look at it objectively but there I was scratching my head wondering what I could do about it.. I know for next time! :)

lol.. I don't think i'm quite ready to tackle a bumper with a small can of flash red spray paint!

I'd definately tackle smaller projects now that i've finally gone "hands on" with painting!

well i have seen some very good spraying jobs done with some halfords cans mate, and if ya needed a hairdryer?? sure Dinkus has a spare one :lol:

Looking good Jim...!

For those of you in the south-east, i can recommend getting aerosols made up from http://www.automotivepaintsupplies.co.uk as the ones they supply have a spray pattern very similar to a proper spray gun (ie. a vertical line, not the random splatter that normal aerosols have), plus they can supply aerosol 1K lacquer, and an aerosol lacquer blending spray too...