Sign in to follow this  
corradoagogo

9a staring and running problems!! help please

hi guys and gals. in need of some major help. i am tryuing to bring a corrado back to life its a 9a 2.0 16v 92/93.brought for a massive £100. because of these problems. it had been driven through a big puddle and water had got it in to the air inlet i have tanken the meetering head of and cleaned it out and the fuel lines going in to the head. i brought 4 new injectors as the others were dead.. after doing so the car started then cut out again. will start with a tow!!!! but will not start on the key. also only sounds like it is only running on 4 cyl over 4k on tickover very lumpy. im sure this is a easy one for you, any help would be greatfull thanks :lol: :lol:

Try removing one of the sensors from the side of the metering head- sorry, can't remember which one- will have to be trial and error!

My old valver had a similar problem just before the last Stealth RR day :roll: Went through a huge puddle and the car wouldn't run. Removing the sensor enabled the car to run (badly), and to stop it stalling we adjusted the screw on the throttle cable. I drove it home OK (horrible to drive though!) and the heat from the engine + air from behind the headlights etc dried all the water up from the metering head/intake. Then plugged sensor back in and it ran fine again!

Worth a go!

ps- this is in the wrong section ;)

Bump starting working over normal would indicate an electrical problem to me, alternator and battery would be my first port of call...

In what way does it cut out? does it splutter then die or just go completely?

nocrap, your breaking a 9a engine aren't you? :lol:

Wonder if the 5th injector is knackered altho it shouldn't stop it starting in this weather?

:lol: have you lost the power to move threads?? (No i'm not breaking a 9A, although it seems like i am)

Moving to 'Engine Gay'

Yeah - As Andy says above if you unplug the metering unit then it should work mechanically...

Could also be dodgy hall sender pickup on distributer or HT lead breakdown maybe... also could be ECU relay etc

brought for a massive £100

Chantry? :lol:

hi tried unpluging no joy it runs just the same. battery is good the engine takes a good 5/8 secs to turn over somtimes longer. i was thinking if the cold start was throwing to much fuel down the ports and making the plugs wet ie taking longer to start???? if al else fails im thinking of going carbs?? any ideas. also do any golf exhaust fit? thanks

Lack of fuel pressure?? filter blocked? might have to pop over and take a look at this £100 beastie at some point!

yeah no probs, not sure weather to keep it black or go all out on it.its got a few bits of rust but body work is nothing to me as ive done prep work on bodys for last 8 years for father inlaw. its just getting it to run sweet! would the filter make it over fuel tho? as its chucking it in there well? any idea on carbs anyone?