Sign in to follow this  
corradoagogo

poor running 9a engine???

hi im new here just looking for some help please got a rado witha 9a 2,0 16v has had water in injection system at some time and rusted the injectors, which have now been replaced. meetering head blown out and cleaned, new plugs and leads!!!! the car will take for ever to turn over on the key! but will start easy with a pull start. on tick over she runs very very lumpy like being on 3 cyl. but when reved over 4k sounds sweet and seems on 4cyl. when plus are removed they are soaken wet in fuel. any one help please :)

need some help please brought a corrado really cheap!! but has a few problems, some how it got water in the meetreing head, which ruined the injectors. which i have replaced with new ones. the car ran for a few mins. then cut out. it take ages to turn over some/most time with no luck?.the car will start will a pull start. then runs as if on 3 cyl. the engine only jumps into life at around 4k were it seems to run on 4cyl after running the plugs are soaken wet in fuel. why? i have gone as far as i can and now need some pro advice???

its had x4 injectors

x4 new plugs/leads

meetering head blown out and cleaned.

Duplicate posts merged, please only make one post in one section for a problem.

Thank you.

Seems like the metering head is over fueling, the balance plate may be set incorrectly or the fuel mixture adjustment is wrong due to the water ingress.

I would adjust the mixture screw on the metering head to see if you can get it to run a bit better.

hi cant find a mixture screw. and were do i find the blance plate and adjust as this is all new to me!! was running a bit better today but still way over fueling. after a few mins of running took out all plugs. they were very black and sooty??