Sign in to follow this  
jamesvr6

Corrado VR6 Quarter mile tmes part 2!

For those of you reading my post the other day enquiring what you thought my time would be and how I would get on against my mate in a Supra Twin Turbo, I thought you might like to know what happened!! Well, 1st run, Great time 15.1 sec and a 93 mph terminal speed. My mate managed a 14.4, so not too shabby at all!!! However, on my second run, dropped the clutch and the front was 'tramping' really badly and as I changed gear, I lost all drive!! Car broken! Had to be pushed back down the strip, with some twat shouting "It's a VW, what did you expect" I called the people who look after it; The Phirm, and they seem to think that it is more then likely a CV joint, lets hope so!! I was gutted though, my second run and broken by 9.30am!! Still, well pleased with the one I did manage, apparently there were some people in the stand who said to my mate that they were very impressed and could not believe it was standard! I beat all the Non Turbo Supra's but there was 2 MR2's running 11.0!!

James

"It's a VW, what did you expect"

rofl, and you beat the other non turbo'ed Supras, should have asked to check the clocks, see how many miles they had done :)

good luck getting it sorted fella! :)

Nice 1st run there mate. As i mentioned in quarter mile pt1, my mate only ran 15 second runs in his 300 brake Evo 6. Good result over the n/a Supras too. What are they running? I'm sure they're 220bhp, so to beat them with 30 brake less and front wheel drive is pretty damn fine 8)

Did you run Shell V-Power and octane booster in the end?