Sign in to follow this  
timg60

More Sunroof woes - now wonky

Alright. I have searched and cant find tis problem.

I have butchered 3 sunroofs of all thier best parts as mine had the old wont slide but tilts problem.

Rebuilt mine and greased her all up.

To day just checked if she would tilt and slide by hand before I fitted her and no problem.

Fitted it and put the headlining etc back in and now the bugger slides without tilting aaaaaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Really dont want to have to take it all out again as is a pain in the arse. Could there be something really simple that I have overlooked. Is there any adjustments I can do with it all still in place..

Please help someone as I am really fooked off now :mad: :mad: :mad:

The motor is timed and you probably have the motor gear wheel set wrong.

Take the motor off with it still connected to power and then operate the switch. You will have to play around with it to find the correct stop point.

Would that be why when I am sliding it back that it stops about half way and I need to let go of the button then press it again?

Yes, the sunroof should be in one of it's resting positions when it stops. The gear wheel only turns a few times when you tilt and alot more when it's sliding. You can use this to gauge the position of the gear wheel.

THank you. I was starting to thing my searching through scrap yards for roofs had all been for nothing..

Will give it a go tommorow. Too bloody wet at the moment.

Tim

Bugger. Fixed the sunroof. It now tilts and slides and is flush to the roof but........................

The first time I wound it all the way back my nice shiney freshly painted roof skin got scraped................ :mad:

Thankfully isnt all the way through to the primer but its visible.

Can I just adjust the skin with the bolts that hold it in place so I can drop it a bit so it dosnt catch? or am eternally not meant to have a sunroof that works...............

Yes you can adjust those screws but it does sound like there is another problem. Not sure what it is.

I don't think the screws offer that much adjustment.

Any other ideas guys. Summer is on its way and after 2 sunroof less years really want one..........

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee

Ok sorted the scraping, bit late but at leats its not going to get any worse........

Then another problem. The first 10 ish times used she worked fine. Now when running it back into place from slide the roof is coming in faster at one side than another so is coming in at an angle. She still closes but I am really worried it is going to get stuck.

More help please.

Really should leave these jobs to the experts.

I'd remove the sunroof panel and the motor then realign the sliders/lever mechanisms and re-assmble.

No, just the panel covering the motor. You should be able to get the the mechanisms once the sunroof panel is out.