Sign in to follow this  
A-J

German number plate surrounds.

Has anybody fitted the number plate surrounds to their Corrado (front and rear)? Do they fit and how do they look?

Thanks

Yep, fitted them on mine front and rear with no probs at all. They fit spot on and look awesome imo. The surrounds are a must really because the German plates are steel and not drilled. Unfortunately i'm poo on computers so can't put piccies on of my car, but look through the members gallery as i'm sure there will be a few cars in there with German plates on.

Or some kind soul may post a pic of their ride here for you :wink:

jonnyboyo, Interesting that you have german plates with you being a copper and all - where do we stand legaly with them?

and i take it they're totally legal then? look really good

where did you get them from with the surrounds and is fitting any dramas?

cheers

so does the suround just cl;ip on then, seriously tempted i think! i take it black plates aren't too legal here! theres no probs then as long as the gb logo is on?

WALESY / CRAIG the German plates are NOT legal, they're show plates only according to Dubmeister where i got mine from. I'm fairly sure its coz the typeface is not the British standard font which all plates must adhere to.

I went the whole hog and got the D logo instead of GB, also put the stadt sticker things on, plus had a slight illegal space to put the stadt's between the numbers and letters. Stopped short of ordering a white plate for the rear though, i reckon you'd possibly attract unwanted attention from the coppers with a white one on the rear.

I'm not sure the D logo makes any difference for legality tbh. I'd have to ask a traffic cop next time i speak to one. Traffic issues bore me senseless at work and really don't interest me. IMO these German style plates are way more legible than some of the chavvy itallic styles or thick blocked fonts, so why should we not be able to use them?

I've had mine on for 5 months now and have never been pulled (yet!). I had a traffic cop right behind me at some traffic lights last week here in Cardiff and he didn't stop me. Was watching him in my rear view mirror and he didn't do a check on the registration either. And again oop North i had a traffic cop behind me, which i didn't realise at the time, and as he went to overtake me in the right hand lane i thought "cheeky git" so floored it to hold him back so he couldn't get past me. Only realised it was traffic when he tucked in behind!! :oops:

Should have been a definite pull really what with illegal plates, car registered 200 miles away, it being old and me driving like a pleb, but no!

Ok i've rambled a bit now :oops: :lol: but have just finished a 15hr night shift and feel sorta odd!

Just make sure you all carry a set of regular plates in your boot coz coppers can stop you from driving any further until you have normal plates on.

Oh, and if they'e feelin particullarly piccy, you can be fined £30. Worth bearing in mind.

Generally speaking tho, its only the traffic cops who are more likely to be stopping you because thats their job day in day out. Us panda boys have way to much on our work loads to be interested in German plates.

Off to bed now

:sleeping:

Just woke up and feel worse than i did before going to sleep, how does that work :scratch:

SHAWSHANK why did Dubmeister recommend the GB over the D as a matter of interest?