Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Insurance

I'm 29, been driving 12 years, got no points (just!!) and having had 5 prangs in the last year, 3 of which were not my fault, I was getting quotes of £2000 - £5000 with stupid excess costs...

Well thanks to you chaps I have just got a quote from belldirect.co.uk for £1351!! Result! I can now burn my 20 16v around for another 10 months woohoo!!!

I would like to repay the favour by adding my experience with "elephant.co.uk" who insured me last year. After my last prang which damaged the front and back ends they shipped my car off to a company called "Abbey Coachworks in Wembley" (London).

I got my car back with a broken sunroof, re wired electrics (why I do not know and nor do they!), scratches on the paintwork, a bonnet which did not fit correctly, the wrong type of headlights (one brighter than the other), more rattles that a childs toy, they didn't even spray the bumper properly so some primer is still showing on it and they had also snapped the front seat recliner off and left oily fingerprints all over the interior. It has taken me 6 months, lots of phone calls and finally legal action to get this all fixed.... you have been warned!!

no prob blimey - I think belldirect are very difficult to beat.

Not heard of anyone's experience's when making a claim but I know over the phone they are very helpful.

I got my car back with a broken sunroof, re wired electrics (why I do not know and nor do they!), scratches on the paintwork, a bonnet which did not fit correctly, the wrong type of headlights (one brighter than the other), more rattles that a childs toy, they didn't even spray the bumper properly so some primer is still showing on it and they had also snapped the front seat recliner off and left oily fingerprints all over the interior. It has taken me 6 months, lots of phone calls and finally legal action to get this all fixed.... you have been warned!!

My word.. that is quiet a shocking story. I dont live anywhere near London, but I will be sure to keep that name in mind!

You managed to get the car all squared up now though?

It is going into the VW Garage in the New Year so will get sorted then!

I guess this is why Elephant are cheap eh! I would highly recommend staying well clear of Abbey Coachworls of Wembley though, I have never known such a bunch of incompetant muppets...

I'm 30, with 3years NCB and pay 'Quinn Direct' £1090 for third party only. :x

i'm 21 and pay £780 3PFT to HIC, the car is a standard 1.8 16v apart from its been lowered and given it some decent alloys. and this was my first policy, although i have been driving for over 4 years. :lol:

My G60 is 800 tpf&t

25 with 2yr ncb

Who's that with?

My worst quote was 5 grand off Hill house Hammond. Direct line told me you need to be thirty to get insurance on a G60 hmmm you think they would just say no.

Mines is up this month and best quote so far is Admiral 700 pounds Adrian Flux wanted 1200 this year. HIC was no comment but I made a claim thru them the first year I had my C. Still waiting for my renewal from barclaycard (two years with them now). They also gurantee to beat any renewal all be it by a pound and no TP on any car but the excess has been good hence why I have used them the last two years.

We guarantee* to beat the renewal premium quoted to you by your current insurer. So the moment you receive your renewal notice, just pick up the phone and call us. Whatever the renewal price, Barclaycard Motor Insurance will beat it - guaranteed http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/Motoring/Motor_Insurance/

Tony - try belldirect.co.uk

They beat my next best quote by miles and are such a friendly company!

Can't praise them highly enough.

i'm with a small local company here in canada. they think i have a clean driving record, i'm 21, did driver's ed, have never claimed anything other than stereo theft and key marks (on my old cavalier) and i have never caused an accident or anything like that.

i pay $350cdn which works out to about £140 each month on my '90 G60 which has not been appraised.

at first my jap-driving-friends all laughed, then they all ran into stuff.. posts, cars.. more cars.. now they all pay more than me and drive crap cars. they'd be payin a g a month if they drove corrados! ahahahaha

:D

wanted to ask peoples advice on this.

I am 25 and pay 1400 on my impreza with full no claims and living in london.

Because the corrado needs to be insured too, I lookedinto insuring it.

Impreza is a seriously modded import so I cant move from privilege who are currently insuring it as no one else comes close.

I drive the corrado currently on the 3rd pary allowance meaning it isnt insured against theft at the mo. It is registered in someone elses name incase you were worried about that clause.

I rang privilege and because its a second car, I have been with them for 6 years, and not claimed on the other car which is a high performer, they will insure me on the G60 for £1050 a year, despite having no no claims. That is fully comp and an entirely new poilcy which is unreltaed to the other so if I claimed for theft, I wouldnt lose my no claims on the other car.

In that offerm they have given me an introductory discount of two years no claims, which they will award me if I leave them after a year.

thing is , the impreza is costing me £131 for the remainder of the policy, the corrado is going to be an extra £90 or so a month.

In this position, am just wondering who would leave it as it is, and who would pay the extra and start building a second no claims bonus, remember ing that if you dont use them at any one time for more than two years they die. So if I start building it I have to keep using it!

pay £90 more or stay as I am? votes please.

Hm.. the second policy sounds like a great idea at that price.

Many insurance companies, despite how long you have been with them (loyalty?) will not allow you to do that, and start you off fresh with a second policy at maximum price.

Sounds like a good deal to me!

If I were you I'd stay as you are.

There are advantages in having two policies as you've pointed out but, as long as your covered in the c under someone elses name, i'd be happy with that.

you could always try classic car insurance........providing the car is over 10 years-old and has an owners-club for it....which is yes and yes...though it only gives you limited miles

16valver, Who are the insurance company you mention HIC. Is that short for something?

I am in a similair group to you 23 yrs old,

7 years driving experience No NCB

(Because no body will acept my motorcycle no-claims!).

I am in a okay postcode.

But carn't get the qoute under £900 (adrainflux) on a K plate G60,

I'm due to purchase next week.

P.S. Belldirect.co.uk wouldn't qoute me!

:D Currently 32, 10 years ncb, 3 points and getting £659 on my VR6 (standard), but next time will either go with a quote I had from http://www.elephant.co.uk of £450 (ish) or might go for agreed value, low mileage option with somebody.

My Scirocco came down to £115 this year, that's with agreed value of £3,600 low mileage and they know about all the mods. (145bhp engine, different wheels, steering wheel, stereo etc.) Can't complain about that, although I can't do more than 3,000 miles. Last year I managed to 700 in it.... :roll:

:D Currently 32, 10 years ncb, 3 points and getting £659 on my VR6 (standard), but next time will either go with a quote I had from http://www.elephant.co.uk of £450 (ish) or might go for agreed value, low mileage option with somebody. quote]

jez mate.......if i were you pay the extra and get the campaign on an agreed value policy.....just look what the insurance crooks are doing over ron ashanti's loss :shock: :roll:....you know it makes sense :wink: