Sign in to follow this  
Cnut

Changing Fuel Pump

My new fuel pump has just arrived today from VW. Any tips and advice for removal and installing? I took the cover off and noticed the fuel lines were clamped to the pump, they don't look reusable would it be worth replacing these at the same time?

Ta

Edit: Its on a VR

Done this on mine, not to hard really.

If you can use up as much fuel as you can so you don’t have too much in the tank.

You will need new clips really, you could maybe use the ones on there already but it would take quite a bit of fiddling around and they won’t be as strong as well.

When you take the pump out it’s screwed in, so push down and turn and out it pops.

Try to get the pump so that it doesn’t interfere with the thing that stays buoyant so you get an accurate reading on your fuel gauge.

Any other info you might need just PM me if you want?

Ideally clips with a smooth inside, as otherwise they'll cut into the fuel pipe.

Also make sure you've got the right type o pump with the right sender on it. The old ones have been replaced and aren't interchangeable. Tempest had a post on this aages ago that you should be able to find with a bit of a search.