Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Back in the HUNT!

Hi all, im back in the hunt for another dub I’ve left the dub scene hated it and need to come back this will be 6th but I just don’t know what I want well I’ve narrowed it down to 3!

Just thought you guys could give me some opinions!

so another g60 corrado which I know and love or a mk2 VR6 or a mk2 g60???

I’m swaying towards a mk2 vr at the mo has anyone owned one?

will be good to gauge opinions from what you all think?

Cheers Andy

a bloody clio for mpg etc! its just utter rubbish i have no passion when driving it! i dont enjoy driving it and i dont like the look of it!

the only good thing is it does 42mpg

Welcome back Andy, apologies again for giving you wrong information about your old car..

Has Mike-G60s mate still got a MK2 charged VR for sale?? Could be worth a look..

Has Mike-G60s mate still got a MK2 charged VR for sale?? Could be worth a look..

Think that one went, but there's a couple of others on E38...

I'd love a MK2 VR!!

Seem like the best of both worlds...

mk2 vr- we've had one. Forget all the tosh about them not handling, load of poop. There are quite a few floating round at the moment too for sensible money. They are fantastic fun to drive and feel a damn sight quicker than the rado. Other than mk2 specific things to look for, if your leaning towards a mk2 vr these are the bits id look out for-

Conversion- its a relatively straightforward conversion especially for the later 90 onwards cars as the fuse box is plug and play with the vr loom. Depending on how much mechanical knowledge youve got get details of who did the conversion and when. Ive seen a couple especially pre 90 ones with botched looms which were quite frightening. Ideally the fans, rad and front x-member need to be from a rado vr (unless slimline fans and rad used). If its got aftermarket suspension of any kind, confirm its definitely got front shocks and springs rated for a vr.

Brakes- rears are the same size disc and caliper on the 16v as the vr. On the front you can use vr calipers and g60 discs to go upto 280mm if you want to stay 4-stud. %-stud conversions can be done susing both widetrack and none widetrack parts.

Basically anyone you look at you need to get as comprehensive a list of parts used as possible. If done right it should all look relatuvely oem and this will reflect the standard of the conversion.

Sorry if its a bit long winded. They are superb fun, they just need decent suspension. Thought about building one? buy a clean mk2 and a donor mk3 or rado vr?

Best bet would be to have a drive of one and see what you think.

Gav

actually if you want an absolute bargain get on e38 and have a look for username copper. Hes got a shwartz black vr and its an excellent build. He got it up for 1900 as it needs a bottom end. Could prob get it for a bit less

Gav

IIRC G60 DAN on here bought a MKII VR after selling his G60 Raddo. Might be worth while dropping him a PM with any questions.

cheers gav good info well its either gonna be the corrado or mk2 vr not gonna get a mk2 g60 i think ill try get a few test drives in on the mk2 vr front coz im quite happy that i'd buy a good rado! then illl make some comparisons! when i find a few hopefuls lads ill put some links up and let you know!

12 DEG BEN is selling a golf chassis with a VR engine and gearbox for £4 or 500 if you want a project.

Welcome back Andy!

i need a running car really but you've made me think really found a nice atlas grey mk2 vr on rs4's on edition38 forum may go check it out

and there's a nice rado g60 on pistonheads but he comes from stirling and thats a massive trek if i dont like it

both cars are £2500