Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

This Months Golf +

Has anyone read this months GOlf +??

Apparently there is a guide detailing a "cheap" 2Litre G60 conversion...??? using a VW T4 engine??

yeah i've read it there is a guide to do a cheap 2 litre conversion using a T4 engine, ment to produce around 240bhp aswell which would be nice :D

yeah... never heard of using a T4 Engine to make a 2L G60 lump..?? wonder how reliable it would be

yeah i'd never heard of it either, sounds like a good conversion tho from what i've read ment to be better than boring out the original block too.

This does sound very interesting!! might wait a while i think... already got a brand new VAG bottom end on the ED1 so dont really wanna start thinking about 2L at this stage but defo worth thinking about!! gunna buy Golf + TM and have a good read!

Is this not the diesel engine that some people used but its not quite right for forced induction for some reason i cant remember?

It's the conversion that TSR used to offer and if I remember rightly actually isn't a very good idea. The block isn't up to being force inducted IIRC it is due to the lack of oil getting to the bottom of the pistons, the G60 block has oil squirters and I believe this doesn't and you risk it going pop!!!!!

Well the 1.8 16v KR Block is a diesel block and that has Oil Squirters under the pistons to cool them down!

Would've thought that a similar VW diesel block would have the same????

No they dont have them IIRC!! I looked into this when I turned mine into a 2Ltr G60. Believe me the cost I forked out with converting the 1.8PG Block used into the G60 into a 2031cc and having to use different crank, rods and complete one off custom designed pistons from JE, I certainly looked into this conversion first and discussed it with various engine builders as it would have been a FAR FAR cheaper option and the consensus was to avoid like the plague.