Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Heater control illumination - not the bulb :o(

Hi All,

I have seen a few posts on here about the heater control illumination on the later style corrado interior. Anyway my dials dont light up at all so I thought i'd replace the bulb. Having done so there is still not light! bulb is ok, and having tested the old one with a meter that is fine too. I have cleaned the contacts - still no luck.

The Cig lighter lights up fine, as does the ash tray light. Dash is fine too, and vanity mirror in the sun visor.

I have started taking the heater out but have now stopped because I realised i dont actually know what im looking for! :(

Can anyone suggest what might need doing to get those damn controls to light up?

Cheers!

Stephen

95 VR6

likewise i be keen for any suggestions as mine are the same and have checked all the same things as you

:?:

steve

1994 16V

There is a clear green plastic insert called a spider behind the panel. Due to the design, it willbreak a light transmitting "leg" hance you wont get light going anywhere. Its a very poor setup relying too much on a single bulb. Best best is to replace the lot with some EL wire or try an LED setup.

Thanks for the reply. I would have thought you'd see some form of light from the bulb with the front panel still off the controls though wouldn't you - even on just the centre knob green plastic bulb holder?

I saw the EL wire instructions in the knowledge base - hope this isn't a stupid question but that doesn't mean having something hanging out of the light socket does it, and having no use of the cig lighter? (not that i smoke anyway so the latter doesn't bother me).

Cheers