Sign in to follow this  
allstaruk

Hesitation at low rev's

My friend has a 2l 16v corrado 1993, anyway I have been helping him fix it, now its not driving very nicely and seems to have a lack of power until it hits about 3.5k rev's also it doesn't idle to well, this leads me to belive that it may have a leaky valve.

Are there any other things that you can think of that can cause this before I have to do a compression test on it.

Also it there anywhere I can get a manual for the engine don't car about the rest of the car but if I have to take the head off and put a new valve in then I want a manual really. So is it the same engine as a 2l 16v mk3 golf.

Also how easy is it to get valves and how much would it be likely to cost to do this.

Cheers in advance,

Al

Also it there anywhere I can get a manual for the engine don't car about the rest of the car but if I have to take the head off and put a new valve in then I want a manual really. So is it the same engine as a 2l 16v mk3 golf.

Cheers in advance,

no the 2.0 16v Corrado engine is an audi(also used in early Passat's IIRC) based unit.....whereas the mk3's 16v unit is whats known as the ABF engine......though they both have the same capacity at 1984cc

The MK3 Golf uses the 'tall block' engine (10mm taller than 1800) whereas the Corrado, Passat and Audi use the short block, same height as 1800. The tall block is noticably coarser than the short block and more torque low down. You won't have this engine in the Corrado.

How many miles has the engine done? The 2.0 can do 100K+ before the valves need doing. Might just be an air leak causing the rough running.

Kev

The engine has done about 125k so it looks like it could well be the valves got monday off work so gonna do a compression test then.

Does any one have a a manual which covers taking the head off a 2l 16 v golf then.

AL