Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Radiator for 2.0 16v..

Hi folks.. the cooling system on my Rado has not been right for some time since changing the coolant flange on the front of the head some months ago. It never sealed properly and has leaked for a while, but its been such a miniscule amount that rarely requires topping up i'd just not got round to fixing it.

After the drive to Stanford yesterday, I was inspecting the engine bay and noticed that coolant seemed to have come out of somewhere and sprayed into the hoses around the engine bay from around the radiator.. i'm thinking that the rad itself could be starting to think about giving up the ghost.

Looked on ETKA and they list the radiator as being the same for all models except the G60 and its approx 170 Euro. Has anyone bought a VAG one recently and know what they actually cost?

TIA.

It's just a Golf 2 rad and GSF keep Flusser brand and Valeo produce a nice piece but it is avaialble from lots of companies.

I believe blue95 bought one last year, approx 105 quid but if you can get a trader (parts club) discount it's nearer 75 I think, all plus vat.

Note: the 16v rad is a specific item to the 16v engine.

If you go non vag, many of the rads are intended for carb 1.6 mk2 cars and have fewer cross tubes and are not as efficient although the same external dimensions and fitting. I've run one for a couple of years though and had no problem (50 quid job from GSF) and my car should run hotter from the engine work but is absolutely fine, even on the rolling road.

David.

I believe blue95 bought one last year, approx 105 quid but if you can get a trader (parts club) discount it's nearer 75 I think, all plus vat.

Note: the 16v rad is a specific item to the 16v engine.

If you go non vag, many of the rads are intended for carb 1.6 mk2 cars and have fewer cross tubes and are not as efficient although the same external dimensions and fitting. I've run one for a couple of years though and had no problem (50 quid job from GSF) and my car should run hotter from the engine work but is absolutely fine, even on the rolling road.

David.

i think that the best choise is radiator grom golf mk2 turbodiesel,it is the biggest one,and u can fit it normally,only u must find larger hoses from turbodiesel :wink:

biggest is the 16v aircon rad, but the standard short 16v one is very efficient and more than enough for a standard 16v, you just add weight otherwise!

bought one on 27th March 07.

Part no 191 121 253L

Retailed at £82 +VAT but apparently are a big markup item - so with 'club' discount came down to £69.70 + VAT

Total £81.90