Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Another one bites the dust... - Sod the cost, i need a rado.

really sorry for you dude , remember whiplash is vary serious indeed and you WILL require COMPENSATION so do what the doc says

Fair enough if you genuinely have whiplash but I really hate this kind of attitude.

If you have ever had a serious shunt from behind you will know how much true whiplash hurts and totally incapasites you.

I acknowledge that sometimes people try to cash in after a slight bump but from the pictures and skid marks this wasn't a slight bump.

And if I could prove that my serious illness 12 months later was even partly triggered by the trauma of extensive brusing / tissue damage then my £1500 whiplash compensation would have been peanuts.

Hopefully your age will be in your favour and things wont hurt too much.

Sorry to hear about that mate... nice Corrado's like that are becoming more and more scarce :(

I know minch very well (used to live in nailsworth) and know what speeds some fuckin tw@ts drive along there at... :mad:

Were you turning right at Tom Long's post (as if you were heading towards the W)? There's plenty of time for that tw@t to put on the anchors.

Hope all goes well dude... good luck!

Yeah thats exactly where it was! Turning right down into tom longs post towards the W down into nailsworth. My necks hurting loads more now so not sure what to do as the guy was driving like an absolute tw@t and its gonna screw up my work for a few days at least.. I always frown at the adverts for people chasing claims for injuries in minor accidents, but this was quite a shunt!! First time i've been airborne for a while.

I'll keep an update of what my insurance company offer me for the car and probably peoples opinions of whether its a fair price.

In her prime she was quite a smart car

cleanish1.jpg

Cheers for the positive comments, it does make me feel better about it :cry:

A lovely car, very tastful. Absolutely gutted for you bud :-(

What was the an.s face's reaction to what he'd done then????

He just looked shocked, i'm guessing it must be quite a scary experience if you're screaming towards a stationary car knowing you're gonna hit it!! I was fuming but theres no point getting angry at him as it wasn't going to achieve anything. Plus while i was phoning my gf he just got in his car and drove off pretty sharpish without saying anything, i presume he didn't want the police to come!

Uh-oh.. here come the "ambulance chasers"! :lol:

Ironic but you'll probably get as much for the whiplash as you will for the car! So maybe there's light (corrado lights... very dim.. :lol: at the end of the tunnel!

I didnt think to much to the slight stiffness of my neck on the night of the accident. But over two weeks later I'm sat here with a big headache up the back of my head with knotted muscles in the top of my neck. I think its gonna be a while before i'm back to normal. A few trips to the oseopath will be in order.

I'm not one to take advantage of a situation, but it bloody hurts!

Plus while i was phoning my gf he just got in his car and drove off pretty sharpish without saying anything, i presume he didn't want the police to come!

That could be construde as leaving the scene of an accident... bet if they were called they'd breath test him as well as throwing the book.

You got his details and he is insured yeah?

Drop him to the plod anyway, it can't hurt.. they can still take referance from the marks etc..

For what it's worth I had a similar experience but I was on a motorbike, I went flying throught the air, landed on my head & was laid up for months - anyway, I was wasted but I did get the womans reg number & contact details thank god!

The following sounds very alarmist & mercenary I know but I am still dealing witht the effects of a f##king nob who sherked their responsibility & left me in a state. Admitedly I wasn't all cosy in a car though :oops:

IMO Call the Police! And report the accident, if you don't then should you suffer adverse affects later then you don't have a leg to stand on. It'll be on the hospital records that you recieved an injury and the concussion you suffered probably impaired your judgement when dealing with the guy who hit you. He'll be insured so that'll cover him.

Rant over....sorry :)

Hi grimmy

Sorry to hear your bad news mate :-( I hope they throw the book at the selfish tw@t!

Hope you feel better soon!

I just got my hire car dropped off and its a very smart new Passat, with lots of toys and shiny bits.

Quite pleased i got a dub!!

The guy who was dropping the car off said one of his colleagues who also drops off the cars is mad about corrado's and would have hated seeing mine like that. Anyone off here? Albanny group i think they are.

did you not see the picture's of the shunted corrado and skid marks leading up to it dude, you may want to check out the start of this thread

Fair enough if you genuinely have whiplash but I really hate this kind of attitude.

did you not see the picture's of the shunted corrado and skid marks leading up to it dude, you may want to check out the start of this thread

Exactly! I do believe i have a genuine reason to claim because it was a hell of a smack up the rear and through no fault of my own i'm now off work for a few days and in quite a lot of pain. I don't believe i'm taking the wrong "attitude" at all.

Also, this passat i have as the hire car is huuuuuge but very nice to drive. Plus the interior is to just a slightly higher standard than what kharmann screwed together in my corrado. Its pretty nippy off the mark too which is a suprise for the size of the car, and horrible if you have any sort of neck injuries...

Well they came and picked her up today, so i whipped the speedlines on and she looked pretty nice sitting on them. I'm hoping they let me buy her back now as i realise i'll get a pathetic amount of money from the insurance claim, so have to rely on selling parts on to be able to afford another one. I must have another one :mad2:

offshegoes.jpg

:cry:

I'm gutted for you. Would be devastated if that was mine. Best of luck with claim. Far too many going lately

rapid_rocco, another Blake customer?

Grimmy, that is a horrible sight :( If you need a hand breaking, let me know. Not particularly mechanically minded, but would be happy to help.

Do you live in Thrupp mate..?

Do you know Blakes garage just down the road?

nice1

I live in Avening which isn't too far from Thrupp, and i do know Blakes services. Used him quite a lot of the last 12 months for various repairs to my car.

And Cheers CazzaVR, i'm hoping to get it back as soon as possible and a friend has offered a place to keep the car and break it. He's just put a vr in his mk2 golf so relying on his know how for breaking the mechanical side of things.

I'll give you a shout if i need a hand :)

Gutted man, this cars virtually identical to mine, model, age, colour etc feel for you mate. Its always in the back of your mind that with a car this age some others wrongdoing can leave us at a real financial loss. Hope things work out.

Edd

rapid_rocco, another Blake customer?

Grimmy, that is a horrible sight :( If you need a hand breaking, let me know. Not particularly mechanically minded, but would be happy to help.

Rich knows his stuff.. does good work...

Dont suppose you know Matt Waite.. used to have an Aubergine Edition 1 G60 Golf, with r/h drive conversion, flared arches and BBS's?? Lives/d in Minch...

doublesafe

Dont suppose you know Matt Waite.. used to have an Aubergine Edition 1 G60 Golf, with r/h drive conversion, flared arches and BBS's?? Lives/d in Minch...

doublesafe

Don't know the guy but I saw that around a bit, it was for sale last summer and i presume he sold it. I was interested in it but he was asking just outta my price range at the time.

Grimmy, just seen the pics and really sorry mate, it looks a really nice car too!! Those skid marks are huuugggeee as well!

Now i'm certainly no pro but have seen worse than that put back on the roads even if the insurance deems her a cat C write off. We ALL feel for ya buddy! :(

Damn that's wank.

Defo write off, far too creased in the chassis but at least you got out ok.

*cough*wiplash*cough* ;)