Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Another one bites the dust... - Sod the cost, i need a rado.

mate .. look into it.. that smells off to me.. i worked in insurance for a yr or 2 and .. thats not right...

its being disputed.. its not open and shut so no way should u lose ur ncb.. or pay for hire car..

speak to citizens advice or if ur dad has a solicitor friend defo speak with him.. im totally gutted for u mate..

will try in the morning to speak to my mate whos still in insurance.. whos ur insurance with u dont mind me askin mate.. ?

think u should name and shame them any how..

they rape u for money then shaft u when u wanna claim.. it stinks to high heaven.. . .

rant over..

really sorry for u mate

Well i thought i shouldn't lose my ncb either, as a claim hasn't actually been paid out yet, and i'm clearly not the one at fault. The insurance is with Admiral. Cheap quote, but i can see why now, they don't do naff all to help you!! Whats the point paying out for insurance if you just get dicked on like this? Its ridiculous. I am going to pursue this further, don't you worry.

You are fully Comp Yes? Well you won't have to pay the Hire Car charges then! If you paid for the legal expenses policy on your insurance, nows the time to dust it off and get on the phone to the solictors that are paid for by your policy!

The reason your policy was cancelled was because your car is a total loss!

Any claim regardless of blame will result in loss of NCB untill it is resolved! If you had 3 years NCB at policy inception you will only lose 2 years, giving you 1 years, but if you were coming up for 3 years at this renewal then you will lose it all I'm afraid!

As I mentioned above, The exact same thing happened to me.......took 3 years to sort out :shock:

Tomorrow get on the phone to Admarial Claims line and tell them that you are not prepared to accept knock for knock and ask them on what evidence from the other side they are basing it on! You have an independant witness too! And tell them you want to sue withy the help of your legal expenses policy!

HTH Helps, Don't worry it looks crap now, but it will be resolved in your favour!

You are fully Comp Yes? Well you won't have to pay the Hire Car charges then! If you paid for the legal expenses policy on your insurance, nows the time to dust it off and get on the phone to the solictors that are paid for by your policy!

The reason your policy was cancelled was because your car is a total loss!

Any claim regardless of blame will result in loss of NCB untill it is resolved! If you had 3 years NCB at policy inception you will only lose 2 years, giving you 1 years, but if you were coming up for 3 years at this renewal then you will lose it all I'm afraid!

As I mentioned above, The exact same thing happened to me.......took 3 years to sort out :shock:

Tomorrow get on the phone to Admarial Claims line and tell them that you are not prepared to accept knock for knock and ask them on what evidence from the other side they are basing it on! You have an independant witness too! And tell them you want to sue withy the help of your legal expenses policy!

HTH Helps, Don't worry it looks crap now, but it will be resolved in your favour!

You really sound like you're telling me off... But its very helpful stuff. I'll give admiral and Albanny a ring tomorrow and see if i can clear some of this up. It still seems i won't be able to insure anything until the whole thing is sorted out though? How come i should only lose 2 years ncb, i did have 3 years when i took out the policy.

Thanks for your help.

Well if it makes u feel better at all, i too am in a similar situation. With some difference, being that, a motorcyclist drove head on onto my passenger side whilst he was driving round a bend on the wrong side of the road.

He now, seems to think it was my fault. And im being inundated with calls from various companies/agencies/and a PI. WTF? Police were at the scene, but they will not release statements etc.

W*nker.

Good luck with your claim.v :?

After speaking with the solicitors Admiral are paying for i've learned that they're pleased to offer me credit protection, and the cost of the hire car will be covered by the underwriters, who i presume is Admiral. I then spoke to the sales department and got a quote for a vr6. Its just over 1200 quid :shock: , but with the refund from my previous policy its going to cost 425, with a hefty charge for modifying it. I have only lost 2 of my 3 years no claims from this accident so it wasn't as bad as i was told last night!!

Feeling much happier about it now, and picking up that red vr tomorrow evening :D

What a relief! Great news, matey. You can get your arse down to the next Bristol/Glos meet too! Would be good to have a red C in amongst the various shades of green ;)

Thats what we like to hear! I think you need to consider changing insurers though after that debacle.. their handling of it sounds dreadful!!

Thats what we like to hear! I think you need to consider changing insurers though after that debacle.. their handling of it sounds dreadful!!

I intend to pursue someone a bit more specialized. I've heard of someone called HIC maybe? Or brentacre. I'm just going with these guys until i get my no claims bonus back, or if not i'll hang it out for 10 months because i've taken out a "bonus accelerator scheme". Where 10 months awards me a full years no claims.

After speaking with the solicitors Admiral are paying for i've learned that they're pleased to offer me credit protection, and the cost of the hire car will be covered by the underwriters, who i presume is Admiral. I then spoke to the sales department and got a quote for a vr6. Its just over 1200 quid :shock: , but with the refund from my previous policy its going to cost 425, with a hefty charge for modifying it. I have only lost 2 of my 3 years no claims from this accident so it wasn't as bad as i was told last night!!

Feeling much happier about it now, and picking up that red vr tomorrow evening :D

Waheeyyyy! Good Stuff! Sorry If you thought I was telling you off :lol: Just know how frustrating it can be! Glad it all seems to be getting sorted!

Did you ask Admarial on what basis they were going Knock for Knock????

I'm insured with HIC and am very happy so far with the service i've had from them. PM martinb on here - he works for them! You can speak to him on the phone and he can sort you out with a good quote! :)

i've taken out a "bonus accelerator scheme". Where 10 months awards me a full years no claims.

check the small print on that, as some bonus accelerator schemes only count as a full year with the same insurance company, so cannot be transfered as a full year to another insurance company.

Glad to hear that you got it sorted in the end. That red Vr looks fantastic. I'm sure it'll be great to be back in one again after the turbulence.

I'm a bit worried now, I'm with Admiral aswell.. hmm think I might have to change as soon as my renewell comes around.

I've started a thread in the members gallery for my new car and will keep that updated as i do things for her. I'll probably dig this thread back out when i hear from the insurance company though.

Cheers for all your positive comments, its useful to have somewhere to moan about stuff :D

I got my second offer today, of 3k!! Almost twice what they offered me first time. So i'm very pleased with that.

Still doesn't come close to what i've spent replacing my beloved green vr... Just had the red one back from the garage after having to have the head overhauled and its still not right so i'm fairly angry! :(

are you planing to buy the c off the insurance company and break it?

Scavenging...

Thats always been the plan yeah, but as its taken 6 weeks plus for them to sort it out, i'm not sure where my car is, or what condition its in. Gonna be on the phone tomorrow to sort it all out :) I got a few things i want off the car myself, but everything pretty much will be for sale :D Except the exhaust and the gear knob :lol: