Sign in to follow this  
praise b the LOweReD

mounting number plate below below bumper

hi guys.. im getting my front bumper recess smoothed but cant be arsed with the beef from the law.. so want to mount it below prob to the side.. have a set of german plates and surrounds.. just trying to find the best way of mounting them... ?

any ideas .. wanna try and get them mounted before it goes for paint on the 21st..

she should be all painted and ready for bristol then

any help ideas listened to..

andy

you'll get beef from the law if you have your german plates on btw.......up here in Aberdeen several guys with the german plates are getting it in the neck and as well as having their plates confiscated they have been hit with £30 fines

hi mate

yeah but they ride with none.. i wanna fit one below..

greeny dont give a poop what the law think lol

just need a plan of how to mount to underside of bumper.. maybe some mechano bits and some self tappers lol

hi mate, all you need is a couple of L shape brackets, attatch to the bumper and then attatch your plate to the brackets!! simple. its what i did after gettin hassle from the :lcop: once too often. my front plate is still illegal as its a tiny 1 but they seem to have left me alone, cant run a full size plate as im too low!!

hey mate, cheers for the comments. cant remember where i got it from, when i get home i'll have a look for the details an post up my findings, having said that tho its just a standard motorbike size. so i would guess most places that do them may be able to do you 1 in white for the front.

Have a look at Bally/willg60(?)/ G60greeny...amongst others.. all have shaved no plates..

I run myn to the side, or not run it atall :lol: ...

IMG_2238.jpg

i was gonna put it on the side.. like flusted said looks spot on.. how is it mounted ?

and wheres the plate from ?

fair do's makes me want a car bra.. mines slammed like urs and same colour with borbet A'S etc etc

hopefully figure out how to post pics on here once its been painted..

Ben you seriously need some fresh pics of your car! We will get PLENTY when i detail it for ya :wink:

sounds like a cunning plan, just leave the wheels out of the pics!! seriously need to get some mirrors back on!!!

Have a look at Bally/willg60(?)/ G60greeny...amongst others.. all have shaved no plates..

I run myn to the side, or not run it atall :lol: ...

IMG_2238.jpg

cars still looking low as bally, ive got my plate on the same side as well!! mines smaller than that tho as i had a short german style 1 on and it lasted a few days before a speed bump took her from me!! :x

you'll get beef from the law if you have your german plates on btw.......up here in Aberdeen several guys with the german plates are getting it in the neck and as well as having their plates confiscated they have been hit with £30 fines

things seem to be a lot more relaxed around here.. ive run german plates for 18 months with no issues at all, even with police cars behind me!

*awaits issues*

flusted think the plates 15half inch wide.. had the plates done few years ago by carnissour..

praise b the LOweReD thanks, its not the stock aqua blue... get some pics up of yrs.. Plates mounted on metal brackets/plates I bought from B&Q, bent them & screwed them into the bottom grill, used industrial velcro to hold the plate to the brackets.. pain in the rear to get right but keeps the cops happy... like bendy said cant run full size plate, I'd break it :lol:

Hey Ben.. which mountains you been trying to drive over :lol: I no northants roads are abit fooked :lol: I need to get new plates done.. myn are fooked :lol: all the backing is coming off.. rear ones gone bad... :roll:

flusted think the plates 15half inch wide.. had the plates done few years ago by carnissour..

praise b the LOweReD thanks, its not the stock aqua blue... get some pics up of yrs.. Plates mounted on metal brackets/plates I bought from B&Q, bent them & screwed them into the bottom grill, used industrial velcro to hold the plate to the brackets.. pain in the rear to get right but keeps the cops happy... like bendy said cant run full size plate, I'd break it :lol:

Hey Ben.. which mountains you been trying to drive over :lol: I no northants roads are abit fooked :lol: I need to get new plates done.. myn are fooked :lol: all the backing is coming off.. rear ones gone bad... :roll:

:lol: i wish it was a mountain, mite make sense in loosing a plate. was just a speed bump up by booth lane collage. was 1 of the buggers that goes across the rd with a pelican crossing on it, dips in the middle where i normally aim 4, but a bus decided he was coming regardless of where i was so had to move and crunched it comin down, kinda funny. well the peeps at the busstop seemed to think so!! :oops: