Sign in to follow this  
iggi

squeaky squeaky

had my rear coilovers fitted last week. fk highsports. (still waiting for 1 front strut!! :cry: ) excellent ride and handling now by the way! but now i have a problem. only a little one. as far as i know nothing else was disturbed, and the ride height is only about 1 cm lower than b4 coilies (just wanted more room for tweaking), but now when i accelerate hard in 1st or 2nd, i can hear something squeal, like brakes do when the pads are worn. this sound familiar to anyone?could it be something disturbed while fitting coilies? or just coincedence. and why only in 1st and 2nd? :?: its a 1990 16v by the way. any help would be appreciated. cheers. :)

Time to wake this one back up.

I too get a slight squeal form the rear when i pull away slowly in 1st - as if the brake pad indicators were squealing to tell me to change them. The brakes felt a bit vague so I took it for new pads and was told the compensator valve was seized. It was freed up and new pads put on - but i still get that squeal and, although the pads are yet to bed in, there's no real improvement in them. It's also squealing when turning tight at slow speeds, say into the driveway.

My car is a completely standard VR6.