Sign in to follow this  
Rosso

corrado haynes

any1 know if there is a haynes manual for corrado's? ive been to halfords and checked the website but cant seem to find one

nope............there's a choice of the Bentley one at approx £50(tho cheaper just now due to strong £ v $) or the Lindsay Porter book covering the mk2 Golf/Passat/Corrado and Polo

Nope, they never issued one, 'tis a right pain. You can get a Bently manual which covers the american spec but it's pricey, I think there's others but I have no experience of them - search the threads it must be in there somewhere. :)

Good Luck

Hello Rosso,

Well just saying hello as you come from steel town too, will be having a meet or two throughout the year if you fancy it keep an eye out for a post sometime :wink:

Kip

I have the Bentley Manual, and have found it excellent so far :)

It can be expensive, but I bought it new from a member on here a few years ago

Has anyone ever contacted Haynes and found out why?

too little too late?

the car went out of production well over 10 years ago now

It's your nose, and I'm keeping it till you behave ;)

Has anyone ever contacted Haynes and found out why?

too little too late?

the car went out of production well over 10 years ago now

It's your nose, and I'm keeping it till you behave ;)

and even if they hit 100% of corrado owners that would be only about 9000 copies of the book which would have to cover 4 almost totally different engines, just not a viable production basically.

Haynes manuals are pretty awful anyways - especially the newer ones...

Bentley uses info from the original VAG manuals and there are some downloads available on Er-Win

Bentley uses info from the original VAG manuals and there are some downloads available on Er-Win

Shame you can't get the KR engine manual though, odd considering it was fitted to quite a few cars.

Shame you can't get the KR engine manual though, odd considering it was fitted to quite a few cars.

Good point. With the passat, golf and rado im sure VW sold thousands and thousands of KR engines, would make sense for someone to publish something covering just the engine.

Oh yeah, and i also have one of those Lindsey Porter books, i honestly wouldnt bother. It tries to cover too many models with too little space, everything is far too vague. You'll get phrases like "remove clutch", not much help to most people.

the KR system is covered in the early pink passat manual and probably in the golf 2 manual too, there's also a bosch injection manual from haynes that covers it.

I've got the Haynes manual for a Mk2 Golf & it covers the KR engine. Helped me a few times recently.