Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

electrical problems

Went to drive home earlier and my rear wiper had stopped working. Then i realised the stereo and the sunroof have also given up :shock: Dunno about anything else

Dont think this is just a coincidence that they all happened at once. Could it be a relay/fuse that controls all these features

any ideas

ta

Stereo - Fuse no 22 (10 amp - Red)

S/roof & Rear wiper motor - Fuse no 4 (15 amp - Blue)

Failing that, if you remove the drivers side dash tray, there is a big bunch of earths to the right of the fuse box, check here to make sure none have fallen off etc.

Failing that, erm, you either have earthing issues at the motor ends or a break in the wiring somewhere :?

I find a strong cup of coffee and a good multimeter help in these situations.

Kev

If the stereo has been recently fitted it might have been put in wrong! :evil:

i remember reading a post recently that said an incorrectly fitted stereo can make the spoiler stop working!!!!

good luck :D

Some corrados have speed sensitive volume control and if you hook up the aerial or power amp remote switch on lead to this wire, it causes problems.

Kev

Cheers guys :)

I checked no4 fuse by putting another fuse that does the front wipers. It blew the fuse! Got some new fuses (driving to halfords with no front wipers in drizzly rain :lol: ) and tried one in no4 again. Didnt blow, but didnt solve it.

I reckon may be something to do with the stereo as i had it out the other week and i couldn't get the thing back in properly - it wouldnt click into the stereo cage. Had to push it in really hard so could of disturbed something.

I reckon may be something to do with the stereo as i had it out the other week and i couldn't get the thing back in properly - it wouldnt click into the stereo cage. Had to push it in really hard so could of disturbed something.

Common problem.

Make sure you clear all the wires out of the way before easing the head unit in. And I stress 'ease' it in because I've rammed it in before and the head unit heatsink duly severed some dash wires :?

If there is a metal support bracket attached to the back of the dash, remove it, it will give you more clearance for the head unit.

Another tip....solder the wires and use heat shrink tubing if you haven't got an ISO connector for your stereo. Crimped connections are cr@p.

Kev

Kev wrote

I've rammed it in before

Anything you'd care to share with us?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got it sorted :D

Took the stereo out and the insulation tape had come off the 'power antenna' wire which is not in use. Taped it back up and tidied everything else, put new fuse in no4 and everything worked :)

Weird thing is that the stereo didn't work without no4 fuse in even though the stereo doesn't run off that fuse :?

Cheers for all your help