Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Passat moonroof questions

Weve just got a 2l 8v passat in for breaking at work but its the model with a grill i think? its L reg but has a glass sunroof.

Will this fit my c?

Weve just got a 2l 8v passat in for breaking at work but its the model with a grill i think? its L reg but has a glass sunroof.

Will this fit my c?

IIRC the estate has a slightly better shaped roof panel for the C, the late passat (facelifted) as you describe has the same sunroof motor and switch as the post 92 corrados but the roof mech itself is the same as all Corrados and drops in easily.

good few years back now, but i helped a friend put a passat estate (L or M reg) roof into a Storm, the glass panel on it's own can be swapped, just to see if you like the light and shape of the glass, but to put the blind and trim in you need to remove the headlining in which case it's easier to put the whole passat roof in, something like 10 bolts once the lining is out.

Will this fit my c?

Any chance you'd be getting rid of this?

Its NOT the facelift model :cry: is that still a prob

shouldn't be, it was only the electrics that got updated in the facelift, different motor so the roof closed with central locking an old style motor should just swap in place.

so could i upgrade to a later motor that will work on total closure?

Can't see why not, had a mk3 glass roof once and the mechanism was exactly the same design as the early corrado one, albeit with a few minor redesigned parts, motors definitely swappped between the two.

so will it total close with alarm just by changing the motor or will it need re wiring?

err, don't know about that, but the roof closes with the windows on the later cars, so I'd imagine you just need an alarm control box to energise that circuit.