Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

sick C

My C has started to suffer from this virus that seems to be goin round, its got an ideling problem, it doesnt sit well in traffic and when you accelerate you get nothin apart from a muffle and then vrrrrmmmm off it goes, ive searched round the engine and found a piece of tape on this pipe covering a split

a>

I have just had Head gasket done so i belive mechanic has put the tape on there and now has come loose causing problems. :x

it is the piece with the little yellow knob which has got a split bout an 1" long and if i open the split up as it is in the consetina part, the engine stalls and dies is this the reason why its running rough.

Its a 2.0l 16v 1992 if this is the part wots it called how much and where can i get one from tried VAG but not sure wot the part is called so little tricky obviously somthin to do with air intake i guess

Hey dude, sounds like the same symtoms/prob as my 92 raddo 2.0 16v

i get started ok runs for 1/4 mile then dies to 500rpm then wont rev,then

surge of power.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND THE PART NAME PSE.

right fellas

got to drive the C this evening and started first time as usual but then ran really sh*t which is usual at the moment coughing and spluttering and almost stalling at idle with no power, however whilst driving it seemed to have sorted itself out and was fine apart from the odd splutter, now i dont know if this is connected but since this started happening its been the first hot and sunny day today and didnt know if it was electrical and the damp was causing it to short itself?????

Also as mentioned above i have just had the head gasket done and people at work have said that the head bolts should be re-torqued after a while the garage didnt mention anything about this and so hasnt been done but didnt know if this was the cause perhaps, lack of compression????

what are your thoughts!!

Corrado is well again

turned out to be the Oxygen sensor AKA Lamba Sensor so im well happy quick fix as it had only become disconected so now reconected and the C is alive and kicking once again :D :D :D :) 8)