Sign in to follow this  
JT

quick 16v oil temp sender question

hey, right the oil temp read out on the mfa has gone.. does anyone know which sender it is and where it's located? its a 92 j plate mk2 golf 16v.

The sensor (i believe) is on top of the oil filter / exchange housing....these is a green wired one and a yellow wired one. one does the pressure the other does the temp

ahh ok that makes sense.. i thought they were just for pressure but i did wonder why there were two!

i can't think what else it could be as all the other functions on the mfa work perfectly.

temp sender is small one behind rhs of head, 'round the corner' from the dizzy, small round top usually, that a female spade connector slides on sideways to. ones on oil filter housing are pressure senders, although some later VW engines, e.g. 1.6 SEAT ibiza, has a small temp sender in the third drilling on later oil filter housings, usually these are blank on corrados though.

i had a good clean around that one earlier .. so we will see if it needs replacing:) yeah mine has the third one blanked off.. cheers for the replies guys..