Sign in to follow this  
Ffatlac3

My new Coratto

Hi all,Just joined here so would like to say HELLO! :)

Have just bought my first Corrado this weekend..she's a bit of a pig at the minute but is on the road..(Just!)..runs well but seems to be p155ing water out of the expansion tank.. :shock:

Heres a pic or two anyway..hoping to tidy her up a bit over the next few months..

See ya'll around,Scott :wink:

untitledoy0.png

untitled1ou7.png

Welcome aboard :)

Glad to see another being saved from oblivion by an enthusiast :) Be sure to keep is posted on your progress and get busy with the search.. there is sooo much information to be found :)

Where bouts in lincs are u bud? im in boston , im sure i see ur car in town the other day? i too have just bought my first rado , 8) after a few golfs.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Have just bought her as a daily driver whilst I get my camper off the road for a while to get bodywork sorted...BUT...absolutely love it!

A real pleasure to drive..much better than our newbie Beetle..lovely and rangey 2nd & 3rd gears..sounds a treat too..(when the zorst ain't rattling against the rear bumper :lol: )...Think I might keep her awhile and straighten the body out a little..mebbe even a lick of paint and a mild tap with the lowering stick..some nice rims..ad nauseum.............

Probs end up a costly "cheap daily" after all..

Beese...I'm in Kirton...Phoned you last week about your mk2 for sale..missed it by a gnats pube..bit gutted at the time but didn't work out so bad after all...I did get me Raddo!

Hows yours?..Will keep an eye out for you on the road..p'raps bore each other silly at some point in the future..you should pop down to one of our club meets..Boston Bugrz..we meet first Sunday of the month at the Spirit Of Endeavour and do a few shows n a bit o camping through the summer..lot of air coolers but not exclusive..come n 'ave a pint!

Shawshankkid..I got it from a guy in Goole but he bought it a coupla months ago from Mansfield, yeah!..

Don't know which owner it woulda been ,but she's been let go a bit I'm afraid :cry: ..body and paint a bit of a sorry state..have knocked the rear quarter out already and looks loads better now..need an o/s wing and pass door to make nice..Blue coolant :shock: supermarket dents in every panel...

Do you know owt about the motor?..wouldn't mind knowing how long ago the clocks were changed...try & get an idea of true milage..reads 71000 but yeah,whatever :lol:

As fer mods..no idea..I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to waterpumpers..spent the last 8 - 9 years with aircooleds..willing to learn tho'...

Beese...I'm in Kirton...Phoned you last week about your mk2 for sale..missed it by a gnats pube..bit gutted at the time but didn't work out so bad after all...I did get me Raddo!

Hows yours?..Will keep an eye out for you on the road..p'raps bore each other silly at some point in the future..you should pop down to one of our club meets..Boston Bugrz..we meet first Sunday of the month at the Spirit Of Endeavour and do a few shows n a bit o camping through the summer..lot of air coolers but not exclusive..come n 'ave a pint!

nice one mate , il take you up on that! i work at ats if u ever wanna stick your car up on the ramps bud.

Nice one Beese..might be up for some of that action..You guys do exhausts don't you?..I have a nice stainless backbox on but could do with a little alignment,just pulling over to the right a coupla inches..Is that summat you guys can tackle?

Sorted the water loss out today with the aid of a new blue cap..drained the coolant and gave her a few litres of the good stuff..wired rad fan to dash switch as she seemed a bit erratic..runs luvly n cool now :)

Got sum sounds in there t'other day..,nice old Kenwood cd player,KW 6x9s,Pioneer 4" in the dash and an Infinity Kappa 120w sub in the boot driven by an old skool Alpine 80w amp in the glovey..Drum n Bass heaven!! :lol:

Just getting ready for a T Cut and back to black session after work tomorrow..Deep Joy :D

Hey folks..Forum looks prettier now but appears to be lacking an Items Wanted section :(

Wheres best to post this kind of nonsense?

Welcome to Corrado ownership and the forum. Started with a 1.8 16V myself about 12 years ago, be careful with these Corrado things as they can become addictive :lol:

finally got me log-book matey! nice to see u on the road monday nite! have ya got your door on yet?

Saw you had the old bus out and about..Bet yr well chuffed!Worth the wait?

Still gotta pick door up yet,will try to get over this w/end for it..don't wanna let a 99p door pass me by :lol:

Had cam belt and engine mounts replaced today at the nice Mr.Turveys'..been a bit wary about giving the cow a good ragging till now..just got back from giving it handfuls up the A16 just for sakes...Pretty awesome machines over 3000 revs aren't they?.Nice to get the front end feeling skittish..MMMM..time to start looking for a VR methinks :D