Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Which Seats??

Jay2, its a never ending argument... but if it helps the xr3 i used to have :oops: was crap compared to friends mk2 gti's i'd been in (doenst even compare to the C!)

Paulr1980, i've had a look at the evo seats and they do look cool, are they all cloth though? cos if not i've really got to factor in the cost of retrimming them and tbh i wouldnt attempt the sowing marathon of KADVR6,

I've just remembered a friedn of a friend has a rocco bought for £5 from a local college as spares for their gt2, are the standard subframes the same as the C's?

Not all.. Mine are because they are from an Evo RS and the cloth almost perfectly matches the door cards.

You just need to wait a little longer for leather ones.

The 'rocco subframes are slightly higher but you need Recaro rocco frames with adjustable height.

You just need to wait a little longer for leather ones.

ha ha that requires patience, i'm far to impulsive for that :lol: , fingers crossed though, think i might go hunting round the jap owners club sites

Check ol fleabay for 'breaking' and 'evo' and send the guy breaking the car an email. I always get good results that way.

I think i'll have to scoure ebay... went to the TT shop sat to pick up my new brakes and i asked them about the seats, well over £600 a shot 2nd hand apparently but rare as rocking horse manure - they've only heard of 2 sets changing hands and they did 1, i think i'll bust a few months of OT and have a look towards the end of the summer (i'd rather take my time rather than changing them for changes sake!)

Cheers for all your advice guys, i'll let you know when i find some i like! :)

The TT seats are really similar to the Recaro Pole Positions but i dont think they would look right either.

Got to say that i have gone through the whole seat thing and have ended getting what I think is right for the car. tt Standard leathers suit it down to the ground in every way. Look sooo oem. Done the buckets thing. You will boil in the summer and you cannot fidget. You will never be able to take someone of a larger frame in it. Got to say the standards were good but mine had the bases sagging a bit. Will post the TT picks up laters.

You will never be able to take someone of a larger frame in it.

Sounds like the best excuse ever for not pulling a fat lass (lorry ladies!) But tbh i'm 6'5" and weigh over 15 stone and i had room to spare when i sat in the pole positions, as far as being hot in the summer i'm a bit skeptical that they'd be any warmer than the standard leathers?? O but those alfa recaros look 8) i like the adjustable front bolster

But if you want vibrant, surely you should be looking at some pink leathers? :lol:

Good idea dude, in fact if i get some pink leather in there i can accessorise with gingham centre panels and matching dash lights... wouldn't that be pretty!! :lol:

The TT seats are really similar to the Recaro Pole Positions but i dont think they would look right either.

I was told that they are the Pole positions, i know they may look a bit racy but they really do provide the sort of support i'm looking for, i had a sit in their orange demo car (TT Shop) and they're the seats in it. feels strange at fist with the bat wings around your shoulders but i recon i could get used to that