Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Audi R8 Pics From the NorthLoop

Certainly seemed to get more attention than anything else at the ring last week...

Looks an awesome machine in the flesh and real competition for the 911, the attention to detail is amazing (see the R8 logo inside the headlamp) and it looked pretty quick too!

Many of the ones ordered to the UK have hit the £100k mark due to options, not difficult when you see the pricelist :shock:

It's alot of dough for an audi though!!!

Personally I think I'd want something with a bit more pedigree for that money - although don't get me wrong it is lovely!!!

I know what you're saying Sam, but its not exactly like Audi doesn't have pedigree!

Audi are of course, formerly Auto Union - and they've been making racing cars since the 1930's! Audi have changed the face of many of the racing genres in which they've participated.. even in our more recent history we only have to look at what quattro did for rally, and how the R10 shocked so many people at Le Mans!

Its pedigree enough for me to be honest!

Hurrah for the Manfrotto limpet mount and the sexy bullet cam.

Oh and there's a car attached to it too or something :lol:

Ooh.. nice spot on the wing mirrors.

Is the R8 in ETKA Steve?

I'm kinda with Blue_Joe on this one. The R8 is a great looking car and it's getting wow reviews... but £100k for one with a few essential options is a helluva lot of money compared to a (say) a 911 GT3 or an Ultima... or a 2 year old Gallardo...