Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

sandblasting ??

I was thinking about sandblasting my manifold and cam cover this weekend but wasnt sure if you need a specific grade of sand to do these parts or for my gun?

does anyone know anything about this and where i can get hold of the necessary sand?

cheers

Kiln dried sand is fine, that's what i did mine with. Just don't tell the place (Jewsons, B&Q, etc) that its for sandblasting as your not supposed to use it, instead you meant to use some stuff that costs £15 odd pounds a bag as it doesn't brake down into silicates and rip your lungs apart! but the kiln dried stuff and a decent filter mask will be fine....

does the granual size matter, can the gun run most grades are some more effective?

out of curiosity what is kiln dried sand used for?

cheers

Paving usually...

The gun will run almost anything so long as its not wet, if it is it cakes up and blocks the gun.....when i was doing it i was reusing it off the driveway, picking up fag ends and other bits of grit...the gun worked fine, it just hurts more when the larger bits hit you!!