Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Car hire without Credit Card?

Does anyone know if this is possible? I dont have a Credit Card anymore as i could no longer trust myself! Do have lots of cash to leave as a deposit if needs be.................heard you can do this?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Depends how much it is! I had to Leave £3k as a deposit for a Porsche!!!!! Deffo CC needed for that!!!!

Yes, you do need to leave a deposit of some sort, if getting the standard TPO insurance you will need to leave usually £50-£75 as a fuel deposit and £500-£750 as a deposit for potential damage etc. You can pay an extra amount, usually around £10-£12 per day, to reduce the compulsory damage liability waiver from £500-£750 right down to £zero, but you would still have to leave a fuel deposit of some sort (cash, CC or debit-card or cheque - they will cash the cheque and you will receive a refund 7-10 days after you return the car by cheque to your address)

Usually people pay this using a CC where the money is held, i.e. it DOESN'T come off the card but that amount is authorised to be debited from the CC account, therefore you need to have sufficient funds there for it to be held.

Otherwise, you can use a debit card (same principle except the money is actually debited but as soon as car is returned full of fuel and with no additional damage, the full amount is put back onto your card) or leave a full cash deposit.

I don't know of ANY car rental company that allows you to rent a car without leaving some sort of deposit as detailed above.

PS. I work for the largest car rental company in the UK and this is how we operate. I have worked for another company and they worked things the same way, so I would imagine the rest of them do as well.

HTH anyways.