Sign in to follow this  
Jonesmark12

Nugget 'Rado

Wicked :D it'll be awesome to see the car on those wheels, they should be on for the 24th maybe??

quick vote on what i should do with the front bumper. keeping the fogs and indicators where they are. do i fill the number plate recess or keep it?

personally mate it depends what look your going for, if yuor keeping ti subtle then no as i think it makes it look very modified but considddering the fact that its yellow with your super bling wheels, go for it and put ur plate down on the splitter :D

will removing the door strips damage your paint as i'm tempted to take mine off this weekend and havent planned on getting it resprayed?

Hey mate,

car looks good. Just saw it in the flesh driving past T-Mobile and the Porsche garage in Hatfield.

urm, thanks!! where you on foot by the traffic lights? its sporting the old wheels at the mo.. as you can tell! Where do you work? i'm at the end of the buisness park - International greetings.

Andy, wheels should defo be on!! although jon has teased me with an idea of metalic brown on the Sebrings - which i happen to think sounds awesome!! Door strips are just stuck on, with the heat we have at the moment, they should come off easily - just do it SLOW! then i'd personally do a 3 stage around the removed areas of body.

BTW - I Will relocate the number plate me thinks. i love the partly smoothed bumper!

I love nuggets, but I think I'd be tempted to leave the bump strips, as they provide a nice juxtaposition to the nugget paint. Think it could look a bit dull without them.

oddly enough i kept thinking that a while back, but i havent thought about it for a while. I'll have to have them removed for the paint anyways, so if it does look odd, its easy to put back on.

urm, thanks!! where you on foot by the traffic lights? its sporting the old wheels at the mo.. as you can tell! Where do you work? i'm at the end of the buisness park - International greetings.

Yeah I was, matey here has a 911 he wanted to collect after a serivce so weer walking over. Work at T-mobile. Drive the work horse 206 mainly but the C comes out from time to time. Its black VR with VR plate.

BTW nice looking C! Need to slam it some more on the little rims though.....like this:

DSC01318_edited-1.jpg

I would lower mine more, but my center box is comical!! it sits along the same proportions to a steam roller!! Its a scorpion system, should check if anyone else has the same problem!

Yeah I was, matey here has a 911 he wanted to collect after a serivce so weer walking over. Work at T-mobile. Drive the work horse 206 mainly but the C comes out from time to time. Its black VR with VR plate.

I think i know which one i'd prefer!! :D its a great garage - if i working on a saturday i normally treat myself to a couple of seats!! Quite partial to the tango orange 911!

Got the nugget seen to by the sprayer - if i want i can have it done before ed38 - the guys jaw dropped when i gave him the list of smoothing and blending etc! need to be on the look out now for decent window rubbers! front and sides, plus a new sunroof seal might not go amiss!!

THE LIST!!

To Remove front number plate level,and sand back stone chips prepare for paint.

Same to rear bumper.

Level drivers door of repairs+ colour match.

Sand out and re-repair sill.

Repair dents to both front wing and rear quaerter.

Sand back and prepare for paint o/s front wing.

Take of mouldings and level door,quater panel+ front wings.Prepare for paint.

Remove both front and rear number plates level area sand back stone chips prepare for paint.

Sand back rear number plate light cluster above for repair.

remove rear badges,stone chips prepare for paint.

Sand back rust around windscreen+scratches to sun roof prepare for paint.

Sort flaking paint around rear lights.

Reamove screen washers level+sand back stone chips to bonnet and blemishes,prepare for paint.

Remove rear tow bar,level rear bumper.

Remove indicators both sides and level,prepare for paint.

THE LIST!!

To Remove front number plate level,and sand back stone chips prepare for paint.

Same to rear bumper.

Level drivers door of repairs+ colour match.

Sand out and re-repair sill.

Repair dents to both front wing and rear quaerter.

Sand back and prepare for paint o/s front wing.

Take of mouldings and level door,quater panel+ front wings.Prepare for paint.

Remove both front and rear number plates level area sand back stone chips prepare for paint.

Sand back rear number plate light cluster above for repair.

remove rear badges,stone chips prepare for paint.

Sand back rust around windscreen+scratches to sun roof prepare for paint.

Sort flaking paint around rear lights.

Reamove screen washers level+sand back stone chips to bonnet and blemishes,prepare for paint.

Remove rear tow bar,level rear bumper.

Remove indicators both sides and level,prepare for paint.

16.. Buy New Rado.. :lol:

Righty, its been a good while since i've updated this thread so here goes.

I'm not too sure why i bother with this whole dub thing sometimes - because nothing has been smooth sailing at all!

Finally got wheels back onto the car - just before the winter months start - niice! missed out on the show season with them on! :( - but to be fair, i've had a bigger nightmare with the paint!

I'ts the third time its gone in, and has now come out with a lot more paint that it went in with!! I decided to get the front smoothed off, whilst still keeping the bumper lines - i dont know if the other rads are the same, but wanted to try and keep it kinda factory - although to be honest it looks anything but!! :blink:

Bally, i havent forgotten about Am bro, just really cant get hold of the paint. May have to ask for some help soon! - also i cant lower it anymore - made a scene in town today, was pivoting on the speedbump! look at the lower skirt on drivers side where door and front wing meets! - dented! ouch!

Anyways, let me know what you guys think - good or bad!

Oh and i have a new engine set up! K24 turbo and complete RS2 components!! going for a exact setup as that mad brown mk2 on last months pvw - so with the standalone ecu should deliver 340bhp!! - not too sure if its the smartest thing to do, but will soon see!!

Cheers, Mark!

reworked-1.jpg

reworked-4.jpg

reworked-2.jpg

reworked-6.jpg

reworked-8.jpg

reworked-3copy.jpg

reworked-5.jpg

reworked-7.jpg

Looks good dude.... Shame about the speed bump. Maybe train your Mrs to run in front of you with a couple of wooden blocks in the future?

yea!! sure she'd be impressed with that!! problem is she's my daily - the car! and whilst there seems to be loads more space under those wheels, its rubs on everything! thats a new front splitter, but on the corners you'd never tell! Still all half of the fun i guess.

Theres a lot to be done over the winter though - not just the engine, but new brakes and bushes all around, and then chances are some new coilies too.

Nice pics, but where in town was the speed-hump? :shock:

Cheers for yesterday, I think Santa will be brining a shiny trolley jack for you soon!

Looks very nice mate! Wheels work really well too - are they all sorted now?

Have you thought about a 3/4 size plate for the front? Think it would work better IMO 8)

Jon, speed bump was the matalan entrance in Hertford!! Yay - need one of them- could actually use it every time i get beached!!!!

Phil, i've got both front and back US plates - to go with the US spec rear plate holder. just need to put them on!! The front mounts are placed the correct size for the US items!! As, yes, you are right, at the moment those UK plates are ridiculous! But it failed its MOT with the German ones on!! :?

haha! cheers chap - late reply i know - but just saw this on the phone - Cant believe you guys set my car up whilst i was just walking around!!

:D

01092007.jpg

Anyway - here's the 'What-i'm-doing-this-weekend' Post!!

Still need to get Ballys bro to detail the car - but just havent had time! - will try to sort everything before UD's!!

Quick comic strip to show whats being done over the weekend!

08012008-1.jpg

08012008004.jpg

08012008001.jpg

08012008002.jpg

08012008003.jpg

and how i'll be looking most the weekend!!

08012008007.jpg

Tierod69 on ebay - all new. The wishbones are 15quid buy-now!! Cant go wrong, especially as they have the rubbers in them too!

Ended up getting all new suspension rubbers, cv's, boots and some others really good quality - you get to see some of the bigger dubbin names buying things from the chap too.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZtierod69

Cheers for the comment - i think the ownership of this car has been just as enjoyable! :crazyeyes:

Mark

hey just saw the pictures of the inside of the nugget there!

Those seats look like the ones i have in my car,

electric recaros arent they?

they caught my eye cause they look like mine and its the first time i've seen them on this forum.

what i really want to know is are they rare seats?

thanks

Pat

hey just saw the pictures of the inside of the nugget there!

Those seats look like the ones i have in my car,

electric recaros arent they?

they caught my eye cause they look like mine and its the first time i've seen them on this forum.

what i really want to know is are they rare seats?

thanks

Pat

Just to let you know mate... this was sold about a year ago... now rumoured to be living in the North West...