Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Buying engine parts from the states

As my car is now starting to smoke, on starting after being sat for sometime and now on the over-run its time to do a rebuild. Has anyone got experience with buying stock engine parts from the states?

RS VR6 Posted up a link a while ago to an American firm who sell OE parts much cheaper than we can get them from here (FourSeasonTuning.com) I'll be going for tappets ($130), head set ($110) and a set of rings ($160) Total $400 so thats £203.25, ring your local dealers and price this lot up, £21 + vat per tappet to start with so thats already more expensive than the lot from the states.

Is there anywhere in the U.K that can sell OE quality parts at these prices? I'm not going to consider going to GSF or ECP for internal engine parts.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, and for those who are wondering why no head bolts, I'm going for a set of ARP which I'll probably be sourcing from the states aswell.

Thanks.

With the exchange rate as it is, its mighty tempting.

Saw a place doing brand new gearboxes for 16v'ers for $1,200.. so like £600. Shame that shipping and import duty would nail you!

Actually, I think that GSF supply proper OE tappets for around £4 in the same boxes with the same stampings as the ones from VW...

Actually, I think that GSF supply proper OE tappets for around £4 in the same boxes with the same stampings as the ones from VW...

Thanks Toad, I'll look into that.