Sign in to follow this  
purple_fix

well it's time to do this... fresh pics of the new wheels

i'd like to start by saying this is a wonderful source of info for these cars and i'm very happy to be a part of this community.

well, i've been a member on this site for 3 yrs this august and today is the first time i've decided to show my face.

i bought the car from a family friend in 2003 who bought it new in 93

its a late 93 slc in burgundy metallic and grey velour interior.

how it sat for awhile before i could collect some money... 16x8 forgeline rs wheels with an et of 30 and neuspeed soft sport springs/koni yellow

thefleet022.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

sold the forgelines (regret it everyday) replaced them with factory 17 inch mk4 wheels and switched the springs for h&r race, which was a waste of time and money.

also got my hands on a chrome vw grill badge and 90mm splitter.

DSC00767.jpg

sold the springs and shocks for some coilovers and then

got tired of the 17's so i stuck the speedlines on and fell in love with the 15's on the car, especially the speedlines.

DSCN4196.jpg

DSCN4199.jpg

outfront003.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

and most recently, over this past winter, i bought a set of bbs rw 009's in 15x7 and decreased the tire size a touch. put the good ole us 50mm splitter back on b/c i was having difficulties entering/leaving parking lots, my drive way, etc...

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

i have phone dials from my 87 951 that i plan on using at some pt. i wish i could squeeze these on the little vw instead :wink:

DSC_0928.jpg

well thanks for listening to me ramble. watch this space for updates on the little vw that could

-vic

very nice Corrado there mate, and some excellent photos, lovely! :)

I think this is my favourite photo of them all, perfect lighting and angle etc to show the sexy lines of the corrado, beautiful!

DSC_0108.jpg

thanks for all the good words. i tired to post over the weekend and with the new site i banned me for life with my old s/n because i hadn't made any posts in the 3 yrs i had been a member. :( but all is well now. im looking to do some upgrades over the coming summer, but all my money seems to flow out much quicker than it comes in.

-vic

Didn't think those Porsche wheels would suit the C. But they bloody do. However, they'd probably suit it more if they were chromed and the Porsche badges were replaced by VW ones. Just my opinion tho. Nice shapes in the wheels - I'm pondering at the mo on what alloys to get for mine. The trouble is I can't help thinking black Corrados look better, than in any other colour. Mine's red and so the choice of alloys will be more complicated.

Right I'm beginning to ramble here, but I've noticed from looking at other cars in general, and C's, that the choice of aftermarket alloys plonked on to a car can either make the car the mut's nuts or the mut's dinner. Most of the time they don't work, but looking at those Porsche wheels you've got, I'd say a bit of tweaking and they'd win you many awards!

Nice pics too - quite jealous actually, but like anything, these mods take time and money... I've only been on this forum for a few weeks so I'll say it before you mutter it; "Who is this guy?" :D