Sign in to follow this  
tim1781

Can't open passenger door!!!

Hi guys,

Has anyone come across the problem where you cannot open the passenger (or any) door?? ... It won't open with the key or the inside handle, central locking or pulling the button up (with great force). Please give me some help before I resort to drastic measures to get the damn thing open!! The central locking solenoid is working as you can see the button lift a little but not enough and brute force won't lift it any higher! .... tried disconnecting the battery too so that it wouldn't kick in.

Cheers,

Tim.

94 M VR6 - Aqua Blue Pearl - 40mm lower eibach springs & upgrade BBS forged 15" wheels.

sounds like a siezed latch..........my passenger door was the same for about 6months last year.........had to damage the door card slightly to get the card off and in to the innards

Yes, sounds like that could be it. What is the best way to get the doorcard off without causing too much damage!? Sounds like a right pain as the screws are on the side of the door that hold it in place.

Advice from people who've tackled this job would be much appreciated as I don't want to butcher the card.

You might be able to get the straw of a can of WD40 in the gap in the door and give the latch a good dousing? Give it a while to soak in and it migh free it up enough to open the door again...

Fine advice there! .... did exactly what you suggested and gave it a good dousing with WD40. Got hold of the button inside on the door and gave it a good workout .... then pop .... it unlocked!!!!

Cheers!