Sign in to follow this  
gezza

corrado.........

well guys went for my vr6 today and was pleasantly suprised with it, got it doing 44mpg on motorway at a constent 55 plus takeing it out of gear and rolling!! and basically just loved the 210 mile trip home with it!! put 55 quid in of fuel it went to nearly full and its now on half a tank excellent my old storm struggled past 30mpg just wish it would do the same round town i tripped counter on my arrival home and it was averagein 25mpg :( :lol:

haventrealy booted it properly yet just a few short bursts :D

the kind guy even gave me a module to fit under steering colume for the active aero that doesnt work so will be playing with that tomoz!!

gonna t cut it as it is red and faded in places and will post up piccys asap

Don't be in a hurry to T-Cut it mate. Highly reccommend using the meguiars three stage cleaning kit on a red car.. paint cleaner / polish / wax - mine suffers from fade in some places but the three stage brings it right back out again. Does a really good job :)

does halfrauds sell it??? is it all in one pal??

Halfords does sell it but its not one kit as such, its 3 seperate bottles but they are technically a kit. They are the Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner, Step 2 Cleaner Polish and Step 3 Carnuba Wax.

The Paint Cleaner is what will bring the fade back up, the step 2 polish (which isnt actually a polish its a glaze) will add essential oils back into the paint to keep it from fading so quickly and the step 3 wax will protect the finish, but its not ver durable so needs topping up every few weeks.

Congrats on the purchase, 44mpg is bloody impressive from a vr, although did you buy it for that? :wink: when i got mine i drove it carefully trying to keep it above 30mpg but there's no point its a vr lol so now i average 26mpg :D

i just wanted to see how good i could get it on way back!! will more than lkkely average under 30 mpg when it gets used!! cheers for that with polish went halfords but they only had step2 of 3 in delivery on wednesday so will go back thanks again gerry

i just wanted to see how good i could get it on way back!! will more than lkkely average under 30 mpg when it gets used!! cheers for that with polish went halfords but they only had step2 of 3 in delivery on wednesday so will go back thanks again gerry

Always the same with Halfords. Every time I go in there for something all I ever seem to find is the peg it would be hanging from if they had it in stock. :lol: