Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Best aftermarket brake discs?

iv just bought some ebc ones after abit of confusion about which ones i should go for,

were told b.diamonds were pants but couldnt afford brembos tho

they seem too work well with the greenstuff pads but only been 2weeks soo ill have to see how i get on.

allthough how long should they take too bed in as there dragging like a bitch :confused4:

when i back off i slow right down without even braking and im using even more fuel than before,

might i have fitted them wrong side??i put right hand on the drivers side??(it said right hand and left hand on the boxes) which way should the groove point??

i was told too stay away from drilled as dimpled was better as it reduces the risk of cracks appering around the weakend area of the drilled hole

ah well if these warp n eat the pads ill just av to get something else and use the discs as beer mats in the garage!!

They'll probably be fine for 90% of people mate, but it does sound like they aren't fitted properly.....

I've cancelled the BD discs and decided to have my old VAG discs skimmed and reuse them they have plenty of thickness left so sod it. :D Might try cooling ducts as KipVR suggests. :wink:

You may find that a small amount of filing on the caliper/carrier and or the pad backing plate makes things a whole lot sweeter. Also if the disc isn't flat and has a bit of a lip just chamfer the pad to match to get good contact. Could also be slider pins I guess need to look at mine sometime. :(

I've cancelled the BD discs and decided to have my old VAG discs skimmed and reuse them they have plenty of thickness left so sod it. :D Might try cooling ducts as KipVR suggests. :wink:

Cheapest I could find for disc skimming was £99+vat at awesome-gti new VW discs are £52! So sod it! New VAG discs! I may try FD2500 pads see if thats any better at heat management.

EDIT: Except I don't think you can get them for Girling G60 Calipers! :confused4: