Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

engine mods for a 2ltr 16v?

im buying a 2ltr 16v corrado pretty soon and am just wondering whats the best mods you cn do to the engine to get that litle bit more out of them? i really wanted a g60 but it wouldnt really be pratical for me. so i have done some research and the 2ltr 16v seams to be the next best thing apart from the vr6, which again wont be pratical for me.

so what engine mods are out there for the 16valver 2ltr engine?

thanks alot

simon 8) hopefully soone a fellow corrado owner :D

Theres quite a lot about this on here so do a search..

Basic idea though is cam change and a 50mm inlet manifold will make a healthy difference...

Im sure some of the Valver guys can advise you...

The common mod is to swap the inlet cam from a 1.8 (kr) valver for your inlet cam. This alone i'm told by the 2.0l peeps gives a noticable increase in power. One post said as much as 15bhp. Then fit a performance panel filter in your airbox and possibly drill the box to, on the wing side only.

Well that's for you to decide....the 2.0 valver does have all the facelift bits though which made it more appealing to me.

its not really a mod but y wasnt the abf put into theses cars rather than a 9a what is the power difference on a 1.8 16 v kjet to a 2.0 k jet

As the others have said, get yourself a KR inlet cam, panel filter (not worth drilling the box imho- put on a cold ait feed instead) and if you have a bit of extra cash, get the head flowed/ported/polished. You should see at least 160 bhp fom these mods. Also, you could get a RR tune up and remap after adding the above mods.

what engine is in yours no crap.

i aint really started on engine mods yet sorted the suspension now on the brakes before i go lookin for som more kangaroos

Mine is the 9a as is every other 2l 16v in a corrado........the 1.8 16v is the KR.....can't remember what the rest are.