Sign in to follow this  
H9 DUB

Clifford concept 300

Need some pointers if anybody has an idea what might be wrong with my alarm, So i will try and describe what it has been doing!

Bought my 95 Corrado VR6 about 2 months ago, the car already had a Clifford concept 300 alarm installed. When i went to buy the car the alarm appeared to be working perfectly normal i.e. press the lock button on the fob and the central locking would activate and the alarm would set. And likewise when you unlocked it everything was fine.

Now i noticed after a couple of days of owning the car when i went to unlock the car sometimes the fob would not work, i.e. not unlock car and not disable alarm, so i would have to unlock the door with the key and then as soon as i opened the door the alarm would activate, only then would the fob work to switch the alarm off.

Now it has been doing this randomly ever since then, sometimes the fob works perfectly for a whole day or days then suddenly when i go to unlock it the next day or sometimes even only 20 mins later it wont work ( quite embarrasing when i have t set my own alarm off in a petrol station to get into my own bloody car ) :?

Last weekend when leaving my girlfriends i had to do the same thing when getting into the car, unlock door with key enter car then alarm activated, however this time and once again since then the alarm would not switch off. I had to disconnect the car battery then connect it back on and only then did the fob work to switch the alarm off.

Im going to replace the battery in the fob and will see if this clears up the problem but im not so sure that it is that, as surely if it was the battery in the fob it wouldnt make any difference if i had disconnected the car battery or not. It appeared that the alarm maybe reset itself when the bat was disconnected and that was maybe how it would disarm after that.

Also when washing the car or when there is heavy rain the alarm activates ( not funny at 04.00am) but think this might be the sensors being mounted too close to the windscreen.

Does anyone know of a Clifford dealer in East central Scotland that i could try as its all really beginning to piss me off :(

What a rant! And im normally a happy person lol!

The Concept 300 remotes aren't the best design in the world. The symptons you describe could simply be casued by the little retainer clip inside the remote that holds the battery in place that suffers from poor connection through the little PCB, which then means that sometimes when you press the buttons on the remote they don't work. Just open up the remote and resolder the two pins that go through the PCB for the battery clip, and voila you should be sorted!

Hopefully.....

Mr Beige just had a look at the pcb and it looks ok. Cheers vwdeviant will give them a call, thanks alot

My suggestion would be to get an alarm that's not a Clifford Concept - I had a 300 on my old Golf and had nothing but trouble. Friends with various Concept alarms also had problems even using different alarm fitters.

I had thought about that aswell, as a last resort. I had the C through at Bedrock veedubs in Motherwell and John Berry had said that the cliffords were crap and the best thing i could do was get rid of it.

Better raid the piggybank and see what its gonna cost :lol:

The Concept 300 remotes aren't the best design in the world. The symptons you describe could simply be casued by the little retainer clip inside the remote that holds the battery in place that suffers from poor connection through the little PCB,

Indeed.

I had a concept 300 on my old Audi. And 2 of the 3 remotes I had showed this problem. As I remember, the battery clip is soldered on one side with the connection going through the board and joining the circuit on the other side. The strain of the battery in the clip breaks down the joint - but not obviously. It snaps the connecting piece which goes through the board which is why it is almost impossible to see.

I chopped mine in for a Toad ai606. I've had 5 of these now and fitted them to all of my cars over the last few years.

No problems whatsoever. Only cost £100 from eBay if you can fit it yourself. I thoroughly recommend them!

My Girlfriend used to have a toad in her old car and it seemed like a pretty good system, never really had any bother with it.

Can anyone recomend any other brands they have used and found to be reliable and good value for money?

I had a 'random remote working' problem on my C which also had a CC 300.

Found out it was the alarm fob aerial connection to the brain had come loose.

Refitting and secured and didn't get a fob problem ever after...

Might help?

Not sure bout ur alarm probs but does it have the dual zone proximity sensor?

If so this could cause the alarm to go off in the rain if the sensor is not positioned quite central, or the sensor settings for inside the car off the dual zone sensor is set too high. You will know if your alarm has this if it gives off a warning when close to the car.

Cant beat clifford alarms imo, alot slate them, but 99% of the time its fitted badly and/or not set up correctly. Best bet like you already said is take it to a reputable clifford dealer as even some who do clifford are naff.

Even heard GAP security who do clifford charge too much to supply and fit stuff.

Get a master reset done at the clifford dealer or buy as cliffnet wizard to diagnose yourself