Sign in to follow this  
Dogzyboy

Another Random Disconnected Wire Query

I've been meaning to ask this for ages, but in my old age, I keep on forgetting. Can anyone tell me what this wire is in the picture? It looks like it should be attached to something, unfortunately, I have no idea what? Please excuse the dirty engine bay pic.:oops:

if you let me know the year of the car and engine size . colour of the wires . i will have a look for you . .

if you let me know the year of the car and engine size . colour of the wires . i will have a look for you . .

I guess some extra info might have helped! It's a '95 VR & the wires are green and brown. If you could take a look, that would be great, cheers.

Looks like it's the brake fluid sensor plug to me..... does that white bottle in the background have a loom going to the lid?

Can't think of anything else as the loom is too short to go anywhere far!

I've just been out & tried, and for the life of me, I can't get the damn hairdryer plug to fit, maybe I need an adapter!?! :)

As far as I'm aware, the car hasn't had aircon, but I think I'm the 4th owner now, so I guess it's possible? As for the Brake Fluid reservoir, I'll take a looky at that tomorrow, though on previous inspections I've not seen anywhere for it to go. Mind you, I've just been looking for a loose wire in the past, so that could well be where it's from? You are righ though, it's a short loom, so it can't be far from it's intended connection.

Cheers guys.

Doug

Looks like it's the brake fluid sensor plug to me..... does that white bottle in the background have a loom going to the lid?

Can't think of anything else as the loom is too short to go anywhere far!

Checked this out this morning & it is indeed similar to the brake fluid plug, though there is already on on that & this one wouldn't fit. Not a bad guess though, cheers. :)

Anyone else got any ideas what this might be?

Just had a look at mine - '95 VR - there is no wire running alongside the ABS sensor wire, so it looks as if there 'was' something that your wire attached to that isnt there now!

Ah well, not to worry then, I guess it can't be too important!! Thanks for checking anyway.

Cheers,

Doug

i've had a very good luck . . and . . it may be for the air con . . think its for diagnostics . as it does not show and thing plugged in to it in the bentley book . could only find small ref to plug on the top of the shock tower . with a green wire .

Please do not discuss sharing of the Bentley Manual. We could get sued if the Bentley people were so inclined!

Thanks.

Hmmm... I first thought maybe the wire to the sensor had been replaced and that was the remains of the old one but it's not insulated the same...

Does the ABS work ok?? just thought it maybe the plug for the pedal position sensor as that is on the same loom...

can i assume you removed something from this thread or you were joking about being sued by bently?

Does the ABS work ok?? just thought it maybe the plug for the pedal position sensor as that is on the same loom...

I think the ABS works, though I've never had to use it properly. I did try to test it out the other day & it seemed to work. The light on the dash does what it should, though there is some kind of ABS fault that comes up on VAGCOM, I've just ignored it until now as I think the ABS is ok. :? I assume I could expect the dash light to be on permanently if the pedal position sensor was disconnected?