Sign in to follow this  
daytona600

Angel Eyes fitted with standard lens glass

After many unsuccessful attempts at purchasing a replacement glass for my busted in-pro headlight I thought it may be worth trying the original glass.

They clip straight on and I am really pleased with the result. I was never 100% happy with the clear glass as it looked a bit to bling for my liking.

I have not tried them at night yet so I don't know how this mod will effect the beam pattern. Will test & put the results up when I can.

Please let me know what you think. Also let me know which grille I should stick with. I cant decide ;-)

With Original Grille

IMG_1468.jpg

With Eyebrow Grille

IMG_1471.jpg

i like that much better than clear but i dunno what the beam will be like

make sure you take some pics tonight

Does look a lot better IMO and providing the beam pattern is alright I'd deffo keep it that way! Would look even better if you paint the chrome around the lenses black too...

Not sure about either grill tbh... If the Reiger one had black slats between the headlights that would be perfection though ;)

I'd be interested to see how the beam pattern comes out - I'm thinking about fitting an HID projector into an InPro housing but with standard rather than clear lenses on the front. Should be a lot easier to retrofit a projector into a housing already fitted with one than butchering a standard reflector, and the InPros look weird on a VR6 I think, hence the standard lens...

And if I did do that, I'd end up with two spare InPro lenses.... ;-)

Some good advice thanks. I think that I will remove the paint from the middle slats on the grille and paint the reflectors black as suggested. I won't get to drive it till Monday night, so if I am still alive afterwards I will post the results.

Yes looks loads better with those lenses and agree have the slats black.

Better buy those inpro now then as i think a big buying spree will be coming soon if the beam works out right.

if the beam is good still. that looks like an excellent thing to do. that s what put me off buying inpro fronts. thay can look a bit. well... odd. corsa ish. sorry guys

Sorry my reply took so long.

I can report that the lens change made no difference to the beam. Please bear in mind that my in-pros are set for left hand drive. (if anyone knows how to convert them to RHD please let me know).

I sprayed the reflectors with some matt black exhaust paint I had lying around. Turns out that this is the perfect paint and it wont be effected by heat.

Here is a pic on sidelights. I thin it's way better than the clear lens / silver reflector combo. Let me know what you think. Not had time to change the grille yet.

IMG_1486_400px.jpg

Cheers fella, interesting stuff. I'm reasoning that if the halogen projector in the In Pros works okay with a standard headlight lens, then it may be okay with VR6 lenses and bezels and a proper HID projector fitted into the In Pro housing, which would also neatly solve the 'what to do about sidelights' issue I'd get if I fitted HID projectors into standard reflectors :-)

Watch this space I reckon...

Oh, and if halogen projectors are the same as HID ones then the beam pattern is down to a shield fitted inside the projector housing which forms the kick-up that makes them LHD or RHD. Don't take this as gospel, but usually what you need to do is remove the shield and replace it the other way round so the kick-up in the beam is on the correct side, if that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense, if only I could figure out how to get the in-pro lights apart ;-) Lenses come off with clips but the rest looks like a sealed unit.

Looks superb! First time I have really thought the angel eyes look good on a C 8)

Are you missing the black plastic surrounds for the glass?