Sign in to follow this  
andy

Electric Windows (Mk3 Golf)

Having fun and games repairing the windows on my sisters golf. What i'm curious of is how does the motor distinguish between reaching the end of its travel and the anti-pinch feature it has. There is no limit switching in the motor or mechanism so how does the electronic control module know whether the window is fully open/closed, or whether someone had stuck their head in the mechanism. Sometimes this window will reach fully closed and then back off because it thinks theres a pinch.

Think theres a couple of micro switches behind the outer door handles cos you can take the windows up or down by locking/unlocking the drivers door.

They defo dont have anything to back the window off when theres something in the way(i know ive had my fingers trapped :bad-words: :crazyeyes: )

Think theres a couple of micro switches behind the outer door handles cos you can take the windows up or down by locking/unlocking the drivers door.

They defo dont have anything to back the window off when theres something in the way(i know ive had my fingers trapped :bad-words: :crazyeyes: )

Yes there are microswitches on the door handle but they are to detect locking/unlocking, to then trigger the central locking/full closure system. The windows should have anti-pinch, acording to the manual, and I've seen them do it. Perhaps the one you had your fingers in was defective in that respect...