Sign in to follow this  
flyferrari

16" * 7J rims with ET 43

Hi Guys,

Will these fit onto a VR6 Corrado without rubbing.....I have no intention of doing wheel arch rolling or anything else clever!

I'm thinking of putting on 205/45/16 rubber.Is that a good size and what brands/types work the best with the car? The suspension is standard VR6.

I'm sorry if this is basic but I'm new to the VR6 and would like to get it right first time.

Regards

Kevin

All sounds ok to me! You're only 0.5 of an inch wider on the wheel with the same tyre width as standard so the same offset would hardly make a difference. If it did then the smallest of spacers would fix it.

Hi Guys,

Will these fit onto a VR6 Corrado without rubbing.....I have no intention of doing wheel arch rolling or anything else clever!

I'm thinking of putting on 205/45/16 rubber.Is that a good size and what brands/types work the best with the car? The suspension is standard VR6.

I'm sorry if this is basic but I'm new to the VR6 and would like to get it right first time.

Regards

Kevin

To be honest, Id go for a 205/40/16 if you dont want a stretch to the tyre. If you do, Id go 195/45/16 on the 7j rim.

Ive got 195/45/16 toyo T1Rs on my 7.5J rims and 205/40/16 avon zz3s on my 9j rims. I highly rate both of these tyres for handling etc in both wet and dry.

i agree with that last statement,195/45/16 i had them on my old wheels,no problems at all,and still not to harsh as the profile is still high enough!

Me too. I've got the 16 inch BBS splits from the mk4 golf with 195/45/16 toyo t1r's. Ithink the offset is 42 so they're extremely close to the front brakes and sit inside the arches quite a bit so look a bit toot at the moment - can anyone advise me on what spacers to use, it's not lowered yet either...

Cheers

You can go low and out to ET35 safely with no arch work and still drive the car hard. So that'll be a 42mm - 35mm = 7mm spacer for you sir ;-)