Sign in to follow this  
CORRADO4LIFE

Call all 2.0L 16V Owners

I have just got a 93 2.0L 16V and was wondering if any one could help me out on a couple of questions I have:

1. Are all throttles really stiff or do I just need to replace the cable with a new one?

2. Where can I get a new shiny VW bage for the rear of the car and a new 2 slat standard front grill and if so how much?

3. Can any one suggest a decent garage for servicing in the North West as I’m from sunny Blackpool and only wont best care for my rado!

4. She some times suffers from the cold and on a couple of occasions I have found her difficult to start, she will turn over but I have to add a little gas to get her going which I know isn’t a good thing to do. Can any please help on this one?

5. Whats petrol do you suggest for her, i have heard that i sould be using optimax!

6. And what oil should i be putting in her?

Thanking you all in advance.

although i'm not a 2.0 16v owner i can answer some of your queries........

1)throttle cables are prone for getting stiff in their old age so i would imagine that your one is getting to the bit old stage now :wink: .........new cable the best cure :wink:

2)GPC in luton will be able to supply you with both badges and also the grille........badges are approx £6-£8 ea and the grille is £23 all plus VAT and PnP.....order them all together and they will send them up in one package

3)aint got a clue :wink:

4)as above......tho might be the ISV perhaps :?

5)try optimax and see if it makes a noticably difference over 95RON or whatever you have used previous.....tho to get the best idea you'll need to run a few tankfuls of the stuff....

6)as for oil........you won't go wrong with either synta silver or gold(VW's own brand semi and fully synthetic respectively).........probably the silver is the best to go for

Where abouts is dubsport? do they have a web site? I just need to find a decent garage for servicing etc, sick and tired of all the dodgy charlatans out there!